PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland 2006 Grad Nite Schedule

Darkbeer
11-27-2005, 04:24 PM
In 2006, there will be 7 Thursday Nights, and 1 Wednesday Night.

Thursday, May 11th

Thursday, May 18th

Thursday, May 25th

Thursday, June 1st

Thursday, June 8th

Wednesday, June 14th

Thursday, June 15th

Thursday, June 22nd

The pre Grad Nite event called "Blast Off" that is held at DCA will be offered on all the nights, EXCEPT June 22nd.

IdahoMike
11-27-2005, 08:10 PM
My family and I will be at DL around June 22nd. We were just curious what exactly goes on during these Grad Nite evenings. I assume the parks close earlier than normal, but is there anything else we should know that might make that day at the parks less enjoyable than others?

thanks,
Mike

Darkbeer
11-27-2005, 08:30 PM
No, basically Disneyland will close at 9 PM that night, instead of about 11 PM, which will be the closing time on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.

The park is open from Midnight to 6 AM for the Grad Nighters.

Early Entry might be moved to Friday on Thursday, June 15th since there is a Grad Nite the night before.

During the weekdays in June, you tend to find a lot of Middle School kids, who are bused to the park during the day, but it is hard to predict which days they will show up.

Pirate Princess
01-30-2006, 07:26 PM
We've been two years in a row during a grad night day. I have seen no impact at all. (Trying to calm the nerves of those who might be as worried as I was.) We are going on another grad night day this year too.

TowerofTerror
01-30-2006, 07:54 PM
Wow thank you for the list I was gone to post it

RemainSeatedPlease
01-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Whats the deal for grad nite? Do only certain schools go? or, if you are a grad you just get in?

Darkbeer
01-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Disney requires that entire schools go, and has a requirement of a certain amount of chaperones to attend, depending on the amount of Seniors atttending.

Another requirement is that everyone arrives on a bus, and not in cars.

Also, once you enter, you MUST stay in the park until 6 AM.

So it is up to the individual school to decide if they want to go....

gimp_boy76
01-30-2006, 08:28 PM
What are the chances us normal folk who will be visiting the park then will get a chance to ride Rock-It Mtn. since this is supposed to be premiered w/ GradNite?

Darkbeer
01-30-2006, 09:08 PM
What are the chances us normal folk who will be visiting the park then will get a chance to ride Rock-It Mtn. since this is supposed to be premiered w/ GradNite?

Last I heard, not likely. They will start to advertise Rock-It Mountain to the general public in late June, when the Grad Nites are over (and match up with the opening of the redone Pirates of the Carribean).

So it should remain a "Grad Nite" exclusive for the month and a half they offer it to the Grads.

Leli
01-30-2006, 09:35 PM
My high school isn't allowed at Disneyland anymore. Some incident happened or whatnot. For my Grad Night it was surprise. It ended up being a rec center with basketball courts and two soccer fields. What a waste of a $100. :|

Wesley815
01-31-2006, 08:12 AM
My high school isn't allowed at Disneyland anymore. Some incident happened or whatnot.Yep... and idiot teens wonder why Disney has such strict rules about Grad Nights. Guess no one learns.

Malcon10t
01-31-2006, 12:46 PM
Last I heard, not likely. They will start to advertise Rock-It Mountain to the general public in late June, when the Grad Nites are over (and match up with the opening of the redone Pirates of the Carribean).

So it should remain a "Grad Nite" exclusive for the month and a half they offer it to the Grads.
I just paid my son's Grad Night. He has an PAP, and I am paying almost as much as a deluxe for him to visit for 9 hours! But he will have a blast with his friends. He has one friend who is another Disney geek, and last week he took all his "mementos" from Magical Memories and the July 17th visit to show her. He can't wait to get back from Rock-It Mountain.

kimbopotamus
01-31-2006, 01:21 PM
I went to Grad Nite '95 (Yikers, I'm gettin' old!) and I remember we had to wear dress clothes. No jeans, sneakers, or hats were allowed. Do they still do that?

magic626
01-31-2006, 01:37 PM
I attended grad night last year 05' baby!! and i remembered that most people wore really casual clothes. Girls would hide joints inside their bra's and you would smell the scent of weed every couple minutes because so mnay people were getting high in disneyland. They do search you though, but I guess they couldn't really detect the drugs since a lot of people concealed it in very private areas. A lot of my friends wore hats and bandanas and other things that weren't allowed. All you need to do is get past the security check point and once you are inside the park, it is a jungle and everything goes.

Malcon10t
01-31-2006, 01:42 PM
I went to Grad Nite '95 (Yikers, I'm gettin' old!) and I remember we had to wear dress clothes. No jeans, sneakers, or hats were allowed. Do they still do that?
There is no information on my son's paperwork, but when my daughter went in 2004 (and her older brother in 2003) it was no jeans, no tees (polo shirts were ok), no hats, she wore a dress shirt with khakis and Vans. And on both the school and DLR end, they had dogs searching for contraband.

And I find it great that my son is getting in for the Rock-It Mountain, as when I was there for my grad night (1977) I stood in line 5 hours for Space Mountain as it had just opened!!!

Jewels
01-31-2006, 03:10 PM

Class of 95 here too. I do remember having to dress up. I know they are doing it because of the reasoning that if you are dressed nicer then you will act a lot better. I don't think it works. Trouble makers are trouble makers no matter what they are wearing. We had a wonderful time. Just wish we could have been in jeans and tees.

kimbopotamus
01-31-2006, 03:55 PM
Yes I agree on all accounts!^^ That was the reason they said we had to dress up. I thought I would wear a long, body fitting dress (oops) and brand new sandals (double oops)! I had a wonderful time anyways, and I don't recall seeing any wrongdoing, but I have "shutters" to that stuff. I am sure it was going on. Our school made us do a buddy system too, we had to stay with one or two other people from our class at ALL times. How neat it was to be in the park with only kids our age! Great thing Disney does for teenagers, too bad some of them don't respect that.

RemainSeatedPlease
01-31-2006, 08:08 PM
Too bad the whole school has to go...guess I ain't going...:crying:

Malcon10t
01-31-2006, 08:45 PM
Too bad the whole school has to go...guess I ain't going...:crying:They don't. At our school, the minimum is 32 students. As my son's senior class will only be about 100, they are estimating 80 will go. There are a few schools blackballed for misbehavior. They won't go, period.

WITron
01-31-2006, 09:06 PM
I was lucky enough to attend in both `91 and in `92. There was a dress code and you had to wear suit attire for the guys. I don't remember too much of my grad nite because I was so slepp deprived. I had worked the Grand Nite the night before and was working on about 2 hours of sleep.

Phantom2006
02-01-2006, 07:24 AM
My school did not get to go to Disneyland Grad Nite. We had to stay on campus, because our school thought that if we were to go to Disneyland it was going to be unsafe. They thought we all were going to get drunk somehow inside the park. So our grad nite was at school. I did not go because i thought it was a wast of money to be locked up at the pace i hate. Can you tell I am bitter? :)

TruSlack
02-01-2006, 10:18 AM
My school did not get to go to Disneyland Grad Nite. We had to stay on campus, because our school thought that if we were to go to Disneyland it was going to be unsafe. They thought we all were going to get drunk somehow inside the park. So our grad nite was at school. I did not go because i thought it was a wast of money to be locked up at the pace i hate. Can you tell I am bitter? :)

At least you had a Grad Nite. Back in the REALLY old days (1984, sheesh), we had no grad night. Then again, I think it was cancelled due to an overly rowdy homecoming game night. All I can recall are images of Taco Bell 'Bells' being strung up on a flagpole, and my 8 person tent being used as a rain shelter for a bunch of seniors....

Bitter? Naw, was one of the more memorable evenings of my life.

Malcon10t
02-01-2006, 10:48 AM
At least you had a Grad Nite. Back in the REALLY old days (1984, sheesh), we had no grad night. Then again, I think it was cancelled due to an overly rowdy homecoming game night. All I can recall are images of Taco Bell 'Bells' being strung up on a flagpole, and my 8 person tent being used as a rain shelter for a bunch of seniors....

Bitter? Naw, was one of the more memorable evenings of my life.Back in the realllllllllly old days of 1977, we did get to go, and it was a blast, but nothing like my kids tell me they have had!!!

DisneyLynn
02-01-2006, 12:25 PM
I went in 1983 and it was so much fun. What I remember most is that they had great bands... Berlin and the Dazz Bands come to mind but I think there were a few more. The skyride (can't remember what it was called) from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland was where everyone went to make-out. It seemed like the park wasn't all that crowded for us either. Just a fun night with all of my friends! ...am I the only one hearing "memories" playing about now.