PDA

View Full Version : To those in the know [help with itineraries][merged]

6ofus
11-27-2005, 02:34 PM
I have a tentative schedule, can you please look at it and let me know if it is feasible? I will post the days seperately. TIA!

DL is 8am-Midnight while we are there.
Day 1 (Tuesday):
Arrive 6:45ish for EE
Fantasyland via Monorail for EE 7am
Toontown 8am
Monorail to DTD (or what would be faster to get to GCH before DCA opens?)
GC for Breakfast at Storytellers, Reservation for 10am
Soarin FP (not ride)
GRR
Brother Bear Totem show 11:30am
Soarin
Santa's Beach Blast
T of T FP
Disney Animation
Drawn to the Magic 2:30
Aladdin 4:15 (be there 3:30) Have Priority Seating
Playhouse Disney
Muppet Vision
T of T
Eat dinner while waiting for EP
Electric Parade 8:45 (be there 8pm) Have Priority Seating

Leave

6ofus
11-27-2005, 02:43 PM
Day 2 (Wednesday):
Be at gates at 7:45am
Main Street
Splash
Winnie
Haunted Mansion
DL Railroad to Tomorrowland
SM FP
Any order:
Autopia
Buzz Astroblasters
Astro Orbitor
HISTA
Space Mountain
Lunch somewhere good, cheap, fast, and in the areas we are in (any ideas?)
DL Railroad to
Reindeer Roundup
BTMRR FP
Boat to
TS Island
BTMRR
Parade of Dreams 3pm (Be there by 2:15) Where to sit?
Pirates
IJ FP
Tiki Room
Jungle Cruise
Tarzan's Treehouse
IJ
Xmas Fantasy Parade 7:45 (there by 6:45) Where to sit? Go to Firework seating after this. Will get dinner & bring to family holding places.
Fireworks 9:25 (Where to sit?) Go to Fantasmic seating after this.
Fantasmic 10:30 (Where to sit?)

6ofus
11-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Day 3 (Thursday):
DCA arrive 9:30am
Paradise Pier any order:
Screamin FP
Zephyr
Mulholland
Jellyfish
Orange Stinger
SS Rustworthy
Maliboomer
Sunwheel
Carousel
Screamin
Lunch S, D & C and/or Pacific Wharf Cafe
Tortilla Factory
Bakery Tour
Ugly Bug Ball 1pm
Bugs Land
**Repeats as kids want
5:15 Block Party Bash (be there how early? sit where?)

Leave (this is our shortest day)

6ofus
11-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Day 4 (Friday):
Be there 7:45am
Fantasyland Repeats
Rededication 10am
Railroad to TT
ToonTown Repeats & lunch
Princess Storytime 12:30 (be there how early?)
Aladdin & Jasmine Storytime 2pm
Repeats
Tree Lighting 4:50pm
Dinner @ Ariel's Grotto 5:20pm
Home

sixwoofys
11-27-2005, 02:53 PM
First of all I don't think Electric Light Parade is running currently. You may want to allow a little more time at Disney Animation if you have kids (which I assume you do). We were there yesterday and it super. The street show is just wonderful and there are many characters inside for you and your young ones to visit. Also you may want to catch "Turtle Talk" while you are there. (It runs every 1/2 hour). Fun for the kids. It is best to go in the noonish - 1:00 PM slot while Aladdin is running (you may just have the place to yourself). Be sure to sit on the carpeting in the front so your kids can "talk" to Crush. Also you mentioned eating dinner before the parade. Have you considered making reservations for Ariel's Grotto? We had dinner Thanksgiving and it was really excellent. One of the highlights of our trip.

More later...

sixwoofys
11-27-2005, 02:58 PM
I may be mistaken about Electric Light Parade. My wife just informed me that they are re-opening it in December. Priority seating are is great.

SeansMom
11-27-2005, 04:07 PM
Just a couple of things...first, the monorail does not go straight to fantasyland. I was unclear if I was misreading, or you didn't understand that. I'm doubt the monorail will even be operating at EE times, although I could be wrong (but it would NOT be fun to be waiting for a monorail that never came!)
Also...I might plan a longer rest time the first day. You're starting early, and finishing late...so keep that in mind. You are only as strong as your weakest link ;) . Monorail to DTD would be fun, but again, make sure it's running! It CAN be longer, but saves on walking. If your breakfast res. is at 10:30, you are really pushing it to get a FP AND ride GRR before doing the Brother Bear Totem show at 11:30. I'd do this. Order at Storytellers and send a runner to pick up your FP for Soarin, skip GRR if you want to do Brother Bear, and pick up GRR afterwards (warmer then, so if you get wet you won't be so cold.) Also, have at least one or two attractions you can drop if lines are long and you need a little refreshing dip in the pool or snooze in your room time.
Hope that helps!

I have a tentative schedule, can you please look at it and let me know if it is feasible? I will post the days seperately. TIA!

Day 1 (Tuesday):
Arrive 6:45ish for EE
Fantasyland via Monorail for EE 7am
Toontown 8am
Monorail to DTD (or what would be faster to get to GCH before DCA opens?)
GC for Breakfast at Storytellers, Reservation for 10am
Soarin FP (not ride)
GRR
Brother Bear Totem show 11:30am
Soarin
Santa's Beach Blast
T of T FP
Disney Animation
Drawn to the Magic 2:30
Aladdin 4:15 (be there 3:30) Have Priority Seating
Playhouse Disney
Muppet Vision
T of T
Eat dinner while waiting for EP
Electric Parade 8:45 (be there 8pm) Have Priority Seating

Leave

SeansMom
11-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Okay...lol...maybe you can do this much, but be prepared for LONG lines in the afternoon. Again...downtime, my friend....downtime! How about grabbing a fastpass as soon as you hit the park for SM, and then using it past its time, then grabbing a fastpass for IJ as soon as you can (probably about 2 hours after you get your first one.) That way, less chance of NO fastpasses, and more chance of an earlier return time. AND...am I missing something, or are you skipping dinner...lol...again, downtime! Soak up the atmosphere and enjoy.

SeansMom
11-27-2005, 04:14 PM
If lines are line, you might try lunch inside the GCH at Whitewater Snacks. Very peaceful and we NEVER, and I'm not kidding, had a line. Also, there were no people around us, so it was a nice break. (Which you will probably find refreshing after being surrounded by people. Remember, what you and I call personal space, Disney calls room for five more!)

coronado_g
11-27-2005, 06:46 PM
Wow, that's a mighty impressive itinerary! I'd be interested to know if the day actually goes in that pattern.

coronado_g
11-27-2005, 06:49 PM
Day 4 sounds like fun. The itinerary is much less aggressive than the previous days. The important thing is that you and your family are going to have loads of fun on this very special vacation!

hlbtimes2
11-27-2005, 08:34 PM
Your days look really full. If the park is as crowded as it has been lately, you probably wont get that much in each day. You might want to try ridemax.com, it will give you a better idea of how long of lines to expect and the best order to ride in.

tinksmommy
11-28-2005, 12:54 AM
For your seating issue - here is what we did. We sat on the hub curb facing the castle but on the right - that way we were able to see the parade just fine and then simply adjust our seating direction to face the castle. No moving necessary!!

Following this, be aware as you head to Fantasmic that there will be a mighty cluster of people as those that watched the first showing of Fantasmic then can stay where they are along the ROA to watch the fireworks. THEN they start the crowd control/ropes issues. We were able to get some great seats on the steps down toward the keel boat landings just to the right (facing the river) of the lower dessert seating.

Hope that helps you a teensie bit!

For dining - things to consider with the idea of bringing food back to the main street/parade/fireworks viewing area --- Club Buzz does not have drink carriers. They will tell you to just take your tray with you and leave it on top of a garbage can on main street after the fireworks. Our favorite "find" for carrying food was the Stagecoach Cafe. They have fish & chips, chicken strips or mozzerella sticks. The Mozzerella sticks were HUGE and quite filling (served with fries and marinara sauce). They make them very easy to carry and will fit into a drink carrier to boot!

Have fun and I second the SM fastpass first thing idea that was already suggested.

SeansMom
11-28-2005, 04:35 PM
Please tell me you have reservations for your dinners and lunches...if not, make them now!
Otherwise, looks like a nice day. I'm assuming your kids are little...you may want to consider FP's for Autopia, a favorite of all the little ones 'cause they really do think they are "driving". Also, you may find that one trip to Toontown does it, depending on your kids. There are only two real "rides", and then some play areas. Or, maybe skip Toontown the other day, and do it this day. Do you have tickets for Toontown Madness?
Hope this helps...have fun!

Day 4 (Friday):
Be there 7:45am
Fantasyland Repeats
Rededication 10am
Railroad to TT
ToonTown Repeats & lunch
Princess Storytime 12:30 (be there how early?)
Aladdin & Jasmine Storytime 2pm
Repeats
Tree Lighting 4:50pm
Dinner @ Ariel's Grotto 5:20pm
Home

6ofus
11-28-2005, 05:23 PM
We do have Toontown tickets. And reservations for GCH and Ariel's.