PDA

View Full Version : next [Stealing stuff from attractions]

Enter The Mouse
11-27-2005, 11:27 AM
I was watching MTV just now and they had a guy who stole something from the king on the Alice in Wonderland ride! I couldn't quite get what it only showed it for a second. Anyone else see this?

pretty Omi
11-27-2005, 01:25 PM
oh yeah.... that was on NEXT... i dunno what it was he took either tho... i also think it was kinda a joke cuz if you actually read the things they put on that little blurb a lot of them sound made up and stuff...

sixwoofys
11-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. Then hang 'em. (but not by the neck).

They stole from my kids, your kids, and the little kid in every one of us.

They should at least be made to have to return it to the place it was stolen from in front of every Disneyland guest, and it should be televised, and broadcast around the world, and in the oceans so even the Mermaids can see what an actual low-life human with legs looks like. Then they should be tied to a lampost on Main Street for the summer so everyone who comes in can see these losers.

Then ban them from Disneyland for life (just before the the hanging).

Good thing for them this isn't a Muslim country (like Iran, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, etc., etc.) These countries cut the hands off of theives like these, or worse. God only know what would happen to them if they were female.

They should consider themselves lucky that America is a such a compassionate and forgiving country.

OCCOBRA
11-27-2005, 02:57 PM
MTV and this prank is stupid...

sleepyjeff
11-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Viacom = bleh:|

Borgnineus
11-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. Then hang 'em. (but not by the neck).

They stole from my kids, your kids, and the little kid in every one of us.

They should at least be made to have to return it to the place it was stolen from in front of every Disneyland guest, and it should be televised, and broadcast around the world, and in the oceans so even the Mermaids can see what an actual low-life human with legs looks like. Then they should be tied to a lampost on Main Street for the summer so everyone who comes in can see these losers.

Then ban them from Disneyland for life (just before the the hanging).

Good thing for them this isn't a Muslim country (like Iran, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, etc., etc.) These countries cut the hands off of theives like these, or worse. God only know what would happen to them if they were female.

They should consider themselves lucky that America is a such a compassionate and forgiving country.

ugh, strange to see what small things trigger such bigotry

Enter The Mouse
11-27-2005, 07:41 PM

I don't consider Stealing a small thing. To a lot of people Disney means a lot to them and to take something is really bad. Who ever took it was rude and doesn't care about other people who ride the ride. So to me Stealing is not Small.

Borgnineus
11-27-2005, 07:50 PM
I don't consider Stealing a small thing. To a lot of people Disney means a lot to them and to take something is really bad. Who ever took it was rude and doesn't care about other people who ride the ride. So to me Stealing is not Small.

I agree completely, with the stealing that is. I also think that these MTV pranks are foolish and keep my children away from those ideas as much as possible. The person that I quoted and whose post I responded to posted a perspective that is as dangerous (to say the least) as the person who thinks that stealing is funny.

Micmousetoo
11-27-2005, 09:23 PM

LOL. Wow…bigotry. What a big, powerful, politically correct word. It also happens to be very inflammatory (another popular word now a days).

sixwoofys
11-29-2005, 01:47 AM
I guess I'm bigoted against "theives"? Whatever dude. Most of my comments were kind of tongue and cheek, cha. The Muslim countries part was simply a correct and truthful observation. Cutting the hands off theives (or worse) is what they actually do to people in those particular countries. (I couldn't help but notice that you didn't deny that). In those countries when you steal you lose your hand(s) (or worse) -- it's that simple.

What is bigoted about believing in the compassion and forgivness of America as Walt Disney himself did? The fact that Walt loved America is more than obvious. He chose America for his parks because he knew it was (and is) the best country in the world to bring his wonderful Disney magic to kids of all ages. America truly is a magical place, alot like Disneyland. Where all your dreams can come true.

It seems all you were able to add to the discussion was name calling (talk about bigotry), and contradiciton. "stealing is a small thing"?. You contradicted yourself. (We could call that something too but I will not stoop to using a juvenile attack as name calling).

The great thing about Walt Disney and Disneyland is that he (it) brings out the child in all of us. We certainly do not agree on all issues, political or otherwise but the one thread we have in common is the childlike love for Walt's magical kingdom -- and our dreams. They really do come true. I know that dreams come true because all of mine have - in this lifetime, in the here and now.

Vegitabeta
11-29-2005, 03:29 AM
What is bigoted about believing in the compassion and forgivness of America as Walt Disney himself did? The fact that Walt loved America is more than obvious. He chose America for his parks because he knew it was (and is) the best country in the world to bring his wonderful Disney magic to kids of all ages. America truly is a magical place, alot like Disneyland. Where all your dreams can come true.

That is very American of you!:p

stan4d_steph
11-29-2005, 08:32 AM
What is the subject of the show Next? Do they pull pranks? I find the whole "punk'd" phenomenon to be asinine.

Don't steal things from rides. Period. It's not cool, and I won't think you're cool for doing it.

evilchild666
11-29-2005, 08:57 AM
I did see this episode. He said he stole the King's ceptor from the ride.

Vegitabeta
11-29-2005, 11:16 AM
How do you manage to steal something like that? There's a safety bar and stuff...anyway I agree that stealing is stealing, end of.

Enter The Mouse
11-29-2005, 03:26 PM
The premise of Next is pretty sad. One person goes on 5 dates. If the person gets bored with one of the people they say "next", and a new person comes out. For each minute one of the people being dated last they get a dollar, usually leaving with 10 or 12 dollars but have lost their dignity. When each person starts t he date the viewers at home see a profile of them with odd facts. Stealing the thing from the king was this dudes wierd fact. The show is pretty sleazey and cheap. If your interested in it its on pretty much all day every day on MTV.

MTV did not set up the theft. The guy did it in his past. My opinion: he's just a loser.