PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Guide to DL question [Space Mountain included?]

emmah
11-27-2005, 01:20 AM
hi there, i fly out of sydney for dlr two days from now and i have a quick question. my unofficial guide to disneyland is from 2004 before space mountain reopened, and i have been unable to buy the latest edition here in melbourne. if anyone out there has the latest version, would you be able to tell me where space mountain is placed in the tour guides (the two day with extended hours tour).

thanks!

MermaidHair
11-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Hello,

I have the latest Unofficial Guide and on the 2 day plan with extended hours it says to ride it first thing on day one (followed by Buzz and Matterhorn). It also says to line up at gate 13 or 20 30-40 min prior to park opening.

hope that helps - have fun!

emmah
11-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Hello,

I have the latest Unofficial Guide and on the 2 day plan with extended hours it says to ride it first thing on day one (followed by Buzz and Matterhorn). It also says to line up at gate 13 or 20 30-40 min prior to park opening.

thank you! that's exactly what i wanted to know. i certainly plan to have lots of fun!!! :D :D

kimi911
11-27-2005, 04:47 PM
Hello,

What are the advantages of gates 13 & 20?

MermaidHair
11-27-2005, 05:40 PM

I have not been to DL since 1999 so I am not sure what is so special about gates 13 & 20. I tried to find it in the Unofficial Guide but I could not. As best I can tell, these turnstiles put you in better jockying position to get to Tomorrowland and Space Mountain faster. Any regulars care to agree or disagree with this?

The old man
11-28-2005, 09:37 AM
Check out ridemax.com

David

prncsmsj
11-28-2005, 10:21 AM
I don't have my book with me right now, but I remember they said something about lines 14 and 21 being obstructed by trees, so those lines take people out of 13 and 20, which makes lines 13 and 20 move faster. I can check my book later for sure, but I am pretty certain this is what they said.

ChicagoCarlessMike
11-29-2005, 11:36 AM
That's exactly what I read last night in my Unofficial Guide, about the trees blocking the adjacent lines from forming.

A good trick for Space (or any favorite ride) is to ride as soon as you enter the park and then immeditely get a Fast Pass. Likely, this Fast Pass will be for only an hour or so later (since they don't distribute Fast Passes until a little past park opening), if that, so in an hour or so you can Fast Pass other attractions.

Then, since you can return at any time after the stated time on a Fast Pass, hold onto your Space Fast Pass all day until just before you leave.

This way, you get to Fast Pass other attractions all day while also getting to have one last waitless (get it? Space? waitless? I slay myself :) ) ride on your favorite attraction before you go home.

goober7011
11-30-2005, 03:03 PM
Then, since you can return at any time after the stated time on a Fast Pass, hold onto your Space Fast Pass all day until just before you leave.

This way, you get to Fast Pass other attractions all day while also getting to have one last waitless (get it? Space? waitless? I slay myself :) ) ride on your favorite attraction before you go home.

I have to warn you about not doing for space because i think i remember reading a thread a few weeks ago saying that they are limiting Space's fastpasses to just within the time period. I could be wrong but just wanted to warn you.