PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland on December 12th

soleman723
11-26-2005, 08:44 AM
Hello folks,
First time poster here.... I'm getting married on December 10th. :p My wife to-be and I think it would be a good idea to go to DLR on December 12th(Monday) instead of December 11th(Sunday) as a destresser for all the wedding stuff. Only thing is I have to go to work the next day if we went on Monday. If I went on Sunday, I would have a day to rest before I went back to work. However, WE hate crowds. How crowded do you think it will be either on that Sunday (Dec 11th) or the Monday (Dec 12th)? And which day do you think I should go? :confused: Also, any other input or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks folks! :D

~Soleman723~

DangerMouse
11-26-2005, 09:02 AM
I will be there both of those days. I am counting on Monday being less busy than Sunday. I think every weekend between now and New Years will be CRAZY busy. At least on Monday you know that most school-age kids will be in school.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! :D

Pirate Princess
11-26-2005, 07:43 PM
My vote's for Monday too! I'll be there as well, but it seems that EVERYONE is going that week (and more so on that weekend). Monday should be more crowded than most off season Mondays, but it will probably beat going on a Sunday.
Actually.. I may have changed my mind.
Sunday will be open from 8am until 12am and have two showings of F!
You will have FIVE less hours on Monday (9am to 8pm) and no F!
Are you the "come early and stay late" sort of people? If so Sunday is best for you.

It comes down to:

Five extra hours and F! vs. Less (by how much?) crowds

Tough call

Monte Cristo
11-26-2005, 08:33 PM
That entire weeks should be relatively okay, with the exception of Friday. It's definately going to be more crowded than in years past at the same time, but probably the best time to go in December (other than the first week).

Anytime you want an indication of what crowds could be like at DL, check out the closing time of the park. Since the hours are only until 8, they are not expecting a terribly busy day. Just keep in mind that this "off-season" has been anything but - there are no guarantees.

soleman723
11-29-2005, 01:01 PM
Sorry to bring an old post back to life. But I think we may go on Monday since crowds won't be as bad. We are the "come early stay late" sort of people. I've had terrible experiences with "off season" days being very very busy. :crying: Final plans are being made for our wedding and things are getting more stressful.... Maybe two days and a cocktail are needed @ DLR. :D

It'd be nice to take to amtrak up there, but then I would have to take my 9 month old son. That would mean A LOT less time for rides since it would be just the three of us and no grandparents to watch meh boy. Also, if I take the amtrak, I DON'T HAVE TO DRIVE! :D Even though the drive from San Diego to DLR isn't bad, it's still tough after you've been on your feet all day fighting with crowds. Hmmmm.... What do you guys think?

The Mouse Is Back
11-29-2005, 04:18 PM
As pretty much everyone who has tried to predict crowds at DL knows...it's impossible to predict crowds at DL. Particularly weekday crowds.

My two cents - Monday will not be as crowded as the weekend, and Tuesday-Thursday are generally less crowded than Monday and Friday. We're going to be there Tues.-Thurs. of that week, but if it's more crowded than I expect it to be, it won't freak me out.

:)

-Allegra-

Monte Cristo
11-30-2005, 11:41 AM
As pretty much everyone who has tried to predict crowds at DL knows...it's impossible to predict crowds at DL. Particularly weekday crowds.

My two cents - Monday will not be as crowded as the weekend, and Tuesday-Thursday are generally less crowded than Monday and Friday. We're going to be there Tues.-Thurs. of that week, but if it's more crowded than I expect it to be, it won't freak me out.

:)

-Allegra-

Same here. I gave up worrying about that kind of thing a while ago. We plan our trips around dates we think will work out best. Once the trip is set, that's it - I don't care. We're going to Disneyland and the object is to have a great time whether it's crowded, empty, hot, cold, whatever.

soleman723
11-30-2005, 01:38 PM
Same here. I gave up worrying about that kind of thing a while ago. We plan our trips around dates we think will work out best. Once the trip is set, that's it - I don't care. We're going to Disneyland and the object is to have a great time whether it's crowded, empty, hot, cold, whatever.

I agree! :D
We're just gonna go. Rain or shine. And we're gonna have fun as newlyweds. :p

hlbtimes2
11-30-2005, 02:18 PM
I would go on Monday, and leave the little guy with a sitter. Go have fun being a newly married couple! Enjoy yourselves and Congrats!