PDA

View Full Version : Question about Annual Passports

kimi911
11-25-2005, 06:45 PM
Hi. We're going to get annual passports, when we visit the park.

However, I have a couple questions. I read that they will only sell them to me at the ticket office, and we will all have to go to the Bank, inside Disneyland, to get our actual passports. Does that happen instantaneously, or will we have to wait to get them in the mail or something? Will we be able to use them that same day, and get fast passes and everything?

How long will the line be at the bank to process them? I don't want to waste my entire day doing this.

I know that hopper tickets can also be upgraded. What if I just bought 2-day hoppers at the ticket office, and then upgraded inside park? Would I be able to use the $20 So Cal coupons (on annual passport) I have off the upgrade price?

Thanks for the help!! Happy holidays too. I can't believe the holidays are here already.

olddumbguy
11-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Take your hopper tix to the ticket window and upgrade there. I dont know about any discount. They will give you a ticket to get you into the park, be careful, the tickets will actually have your name on it. Go to the bank and they will issue your pass right then and there. It takes maybe 5 min. total. Not sure of the line. My wife and I got ours last saturday night, and got lucky and didnt have to wait in line at all.

annieb727
11-25-2005, 07:45 PM
if you use your park hopper pass that day and get your annual passes right as the park closes, you will have a much shorter wait...and you will get your pass right away - they take your picture and print out your pass while you stand there.

kimi911
11-25-2005, 09:45 PM
if you use your park hopper pass that day and get your annual passes right as the park closes, you will have a much shorter wait...and you will get your pass right away - they take your picture and print out your pass while you stand there.

Sounds good. Any idea, if I can use the $20 coupon I have, for the Southern Cal passports, when I upgrade to them?

I really appreciate everyone's help.

Sounds like I should indeed get the two day park hoppers, since I'm concerned about wasting time in the morning. Then I can upgrade to the SC passport in the evening, when I have free time, as long as I can still use my coupons! :)

Wendi
11-25-2005, 09:51 PM
I'm not sure what kind of coupon you have, but here's a bit of warning for you. I went and stood in an hour long line at the Bank to upgrade my son's park-hopper on our last night. I had the Coca-Cola coupon. Once I finally made it to the window, they told me that they can't process the coupon inside, I had to go out front to the ticket booths for that. Max was completely wiped-out asleep at that point, so they told me that I didn't need to come back in to get his picture taken and AP processed that night, I could just bring his temporary ticket next time we came and get it processed. I don't know if the coupon stated where it would and wouldn't be accepted, but I'd ask before getting into any long lines.

kimi911
11-25-2005, 09:54 PM
I'm not sure what kind of coupon you have, but here's a bit of warning for you. I went and stood in an hour long line at the Bank to upgrade my son's park-hopper on our last night. I had the Coca-Cola coupon. Once I finally made it to the window, they told me that they can't process the coupon inside, I had to go out front to the ticket booths for that. Max was completely wiped-out asleep at that point, so they told me that I didn't need to come back in to get his picture taken and AP processed that night, I could just bring his temporary ticket next time we came and get it processed. I don't know if the coupon stated where it would and wouldn't be accepted, but I'd ask before getting into any long lines.

Thanks Wendy!!! I also have the Coca Cola coupons. Sounds like, if I simply go outside to the ticket windows, they can process the upgrades at the coupon discounted price? There are no fees to upgrade no? You simply pay the difference between park hopper and the passport?

You're incredibly helpful!!! I'm sorry it was not an easy process for you, but your advice has really helped me.

Of course, I wish I could just buy the annual passports at the entrance and have them upgraded right then in the morning, but I imagine the lines would wild.

Leap for Joy
11-25-2005, 10:01 PM
One thing to note: your hopper tickets have to cost less than the AP you're upgrading to. They might have to cost less than the AP would be after the discount coupon as well.

I don't know about using the coupon inside, but I agree that using the hopper makes it much easier to enjoy your time in the park. The line for APs can be long at different times of day. We processed ours one afternoon when we were returning from a nap because we noticed the line was minimal. It took about 10 minutes and, yes, they give you the AP right there and activate it so that you can use it for FPs the rest of the day.

Leap for Joy
11-25-2005, 10:03 PM
Sounds like, if I simply go outside to the ticket windows, they can process the upgrades at the coupon discounted price? There are no fees to upgrade no? You simply pay the difference between park hopper and the passport?

This is right, but you'll still have to go to the bank to get your picture done and pick up your card.

kimi911
11-25-2005, 10:03 PM
One thing to note: your hopper tickets have to cost less than the AP you're upgrading to. They might have to cost less than the AP would be after the discount coupon as well.

I don't know about using the coupon inside, but I agree that using the hopper makes it much easier to enjoy your time in the park. The line for APs can be long at different times of day. We processed ours one afternoon when we were returning from a nap because we noticed the line was minimal. It took about 10 minutes and, yes, they give you the AP right there and activate it so that you can use it for FPs the rest of the day.

Thanks Leap.

Yes, even after my coupon, the upgrade will be about $14 more each, so that should be ok. Shame there is this process that takes a long time. It is ok I guess, if you're very close to DL, but I'm still a couple hours away, so this eats up my 2 days at the park.

You're all very helpful. Thank you! :)

I guess I'll throw this out too: Does the Will Call booth open as early as the regular ticket booths? I thought about buying my hoppers online and having them wait at the will call.

I know the park does open main street about 30 minutes early on 9am and 10am days. Do you think I'd never get out of the bank before they opened the rest of the park, if I chose to buy the annuals right at opening?

charpaul
11-26-2005, 01:50 AM
kimi911 - you do not state when you are going.
When a friend recently got a pass he was told to be in line at the bank no later than 9:30 PM -
If you get there first thing in the morning I would recommend that you head straight to the bank while the lines are still short. It saves a lot of time later in the day....
The pass processing line usually moves fairly quickly, but if you are trying to do this on a weekend the line forms early and stays full almost all day long!!

kimi911
11-26-2005, 10:40 PM
Thanks again everyone.

If I do decide to get the annual passes right at the start of the day, what side of main street is the bank on? I want to be sure to enter the correct side. :)

tinksmommy
11-26-2005, 11:21 PM
The bank is on the right side of Main Street as you enter (go through the tunnel on the right).

Something else they didn't tell me at AP Processing at the bank -- you need to get a "fastpass pass" for the day as you won't have used your AP to get into the park that day. Those things are great if you don't lose them. BUT if you do, just ask for another one. Or do what my DH did - he forgot I had the fastpass passes and went to get a FP for Space (I was in critter country waiting to ride Splash) and instead of walking back to get them, he showed the CM our new AP's and said "hey, these aren't working to get FP's" and she gave him another set of passes -- so if we had wanted to, we'd have the ability to double our use of fastpasses that day (and that day only).

Leap for Joy
11-27-2005, 05:33 AM
Something else they didn't tell me at AP Processing at the bank -- you need to get a "fastpass pass" for the day as you won't have used your AP to get into the park that day.

Lucky you! When we got ours in November they just scanned our new FPs to activate them. No double FPs for us.

kimi911
11-27-2005, 03:12 PM
The bank is on the right side of Main Street as you enter (go through the tunnel on the right).

Something else they didn't tell me at AP Processing at the bank -- you need to get a "fastpass pass" for the day as you won't have used your AP to get into the park that day. Those things are great if you don't lose them. BUT if you do, just ask for another one. Or do what my DH did - he forgot I had the fastpass passes and went to get a FP for Space (I was in critter country waiting to ride Splash) and instead of walking back to get them, he showed the CM our new AP's and said "hey, these aren't working to get FP's" and she gave him another set of passes -- so if we had wanted to, we'd have the ability to double our use of fastpasses that day (and that day only).

Thanks. What if I exit the park and reenter with the annual passports? Would that work?

If not ,where again do I get these day only fast passes? At the rides or at the bank?

Thanks.

Leap for Joy
11-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Kimi911, when you get your APs at the bank they'll either give you the one-day fastpass thing or activate your AP so that you can use it to get fastpasses. You shouldn't have to make another stop. You'll just use the ticket or the AP the same way you would use a parkhopper to get a FP at each ride.