PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Park FULL [Fri, 11/25/05]

Pages : [1] 2

Aussie MouseFan
11-25-2005, 04:49 PM
Just an FYI, the park was pretty much in lock down mode soon after noon today. They were only letting guests in as guests left, and not many were going once they were advised they might not get back in again.

All the overhead signs on Harbor & Katella stated that DL was full and closed (same with all carparks being full), although DCA was still open... ;)

Being a blockout day I didnt go in (just hung around DTD for a while) but when I was there on Wednesday it was the busiest I have ever seen it, and I would say it was busier than the 5th of May earlier this year.

The wait in line time for Space mountain was 125 minutes (it took me just under 2 hours to get on the ride)

evrythngwmn
11-25-2005, 05:47 PM
Sounds like things will be interesting at work tonight.

rentayenta
11-25-2005, 06:14 PM
:( I hope this does not mean that early December will be busier than usual.

ILovePoker
11-25-2005, 07:19 PM
:( I hope this does not mean that early December will be busier than usual.
I wouldn't get your hopes up. If the parks are hitting capacity on normal holidays and not just Xmas, don't expect to be the only ones in the park.

TowerofTerror
11-25-2005, 08:37 PM
I expect the park to be full alot during December especially Christmas day and New years eve I think DL will be at capacity on those two days besides other days.

Disneymomma
11-25-2005, 08:41 PM
I am not surprised it was very busy this week, with it being a holiday. I think it will be really busy the weekend before Christmas until the weekend after New Years.

I don't think it will be as busy starting next week until around Dec 19th.

going2disneyAZ
11-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Been at the parks all day. Just got back to put the kiddies to bed.

It was very busy at the parks today. We got into DCA at 9:30am through GCH entrance, went straight to Soarin'...walked on. Wife and her sister waited for us. When we got off the line had already made it to 40 min.

Wife and sister wanted to ride Screamin so we headed there. about a 30 min wait. Next we headed to DL. I went strait to Space and waited about 15 min for a fastpass. I got the last two around 10:30 or so! They were for the 11:30 to midnight slot. I gave them to my brother in law as my wife and I have all the kids tonite, their turn tomorrow nite.

Going for early entry tomorrow in hopes of knocking out a lot of things we could not get done today. It took forever just walking from one point to the next......

Busy day. Detailed trip report coming.

Marox3
11-25-2005, 08:43 PM
It was very crowded last year too. I don't remember it closing, but Thanksgiving weekend is notorious for very large crowds. I remember complaining to my DH that all these people are suppose to be out shopping!

kimi911
11-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Truly, it just makes sense that these holidays are crowded. I mean, these are days that so many of us have off. When you don't have commitments, you sometimes look for something to do.

I'm sure Christmas and New Years will be just as bad or worst, but I suspect some of the weekdays in December will be average to slightly above average crowds.

Phantom2006
11-26-2005, 01:02 AM
How do you think the park will be on the day after Christmas 12/26/05?

AaronInCal
11-26-2005, 01:25 AM
The way it's going just since Veteran's Day, and now this weekend, I would not be surprised if Disneyland is at capacity just about every single day between Christmas Day and New Year's Day, unless it rains. If I remember correctly, last year they hit capacity on Christmas Day and a couple other days after. Usually the day after Christmas is the capacity day and the rest of the week is very busy, but not capacity. It will be interesting to see how it plays out..

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
11-26-2005, 02:42 AM
Oh boy, that's not good news. :(

We had planned on doing DCA for a few hours Sunday morning, then going back to the hotel for naps (kids) and returning to DL mid-afternoon. What happens if we're unable to get back into Disneyland Sunday night? I mean, yeah, they won't let us in if they can't. And DCA does us ZERO good -- it's simply not suitable for small kids for any grand period of time.

I only purchased 3-day PHs this year, and it would infuriate me to know I couldn't even get IN on one of the days. Would a complaint to Disney do any good as far as them extending a day on my PH? I'm soooo not the complaining type, but this time around we don't have APs, so I'd like to get my money's worth.

BQ2
11-26-2005, 06:10 AM
Yikes:eek:

Doug
11-26-2005, 06:40 AM
Wow... I almost went with my sister and her family yesterday... they asked me ahead of time if it was going to be busy, I did not really know.... So, signs said they where closed? Wow... anyone have pictures of ANY days Dland was closed? Thanks!

Just an FYI, the park was pretty much in lock down mode soon after noon today. They were only letting guests in as guests left, and not many were going once they were advised they might not get back in again.

All the overhead signs on Harbor & Katella stated that DL was full and closed (same with all carparks being full), although DCA was still open... ;)

Being a blockout day I didnt go in (just hung around DTD for a while) but when I was there on Wednesday it was the busiest I have ever seen it, and I would say it was busier than the 5th of May earlier this year.

The wait in line time for Space mountain was 125 minutes (it took me just under 2 hours to get on the ride)

Aussie MouseFan
11-26-2005, 07:18 AM
When it says closed, that just means to new guests. Everything is running full speed ahead inside the gates. I actually thought about getting some pics of the signs and the road closures around the park (into the carparks) but didnt have my camera with me... (me bad)

rentayenta
11-26-2005, 07:34 AM
How do you think the park will be on the day after Christmas 12/26/05?

It will be a zoo. It was last year.

We were there from the 20-26 and up until and including Christmas Eve it was fantastic-minimal crowds. This year we are going almost 2 weeks earlier so hopefully it will be the same and we are missing CP weekend and the CM parties.

Darkbeer
11-26-2005, 07:45 AM
I stopped by the resort yesterday, drove in about 12:30, sign out front said Disneyland was full, and we were handed a flyer when we got to the parking toll booth, but there was plenty of parking (we parked on Level 2, Daisy) and it was only about half full at the time).

Walked into the park without any problem (and very little wait), reentered Disneyland about 2 PM, also without any problem, nobody was being stopped.

Then we went to Knott's, they were using all their parking lots and had the Western Gates open... It was very busy, with a full show for "It's Christmas, Snoopy", and the Calico Stage area was also packed for the Christmas Tree Lighting (A great show by the way, too bad Disney doesn't offer events like these) Didn't have a chance to see the Christmas Carol or the Gift of the Magi, so we will be back. Lisa liked the Elf Mountain Log Ride, which had about a 45 minute wait.

nursemelis374
11-26-2005, 08:06 AM
On December crowds -

Last year we went on my birthday which was December 13th, a Monday. We were shocked at how crowded it was! It wasn't too bad in the morning, but by about 4 it was pretty bad! I think that people just love DL at Christmastime.

DangerMouse
11-26-2005, 08:31 AM

We were there from the 20-26 and up until and including Christmas Eve it was fantastic-minimal crowds. This year we are going almost 2 weeks earlier so hopefully it will be the same and we are missing CP weekend and the CM parties.

Renta, we'll be there the same time as you, and oh I am getting nervous about the crowds. I wonder if Ridemax is working correctly with the unusually large crowds?

kohl
11-26-2005, 08:41 AM
I don't think it will be as busy starting next week until around Dec 19th.

I hope you are right. We leave tomorrow morning!:D

rentayenta
11-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Renta, we'll be there the same time as you, and oh I am getting nervous about the crowds. I wonder if Ridemax is working correctly with the unusually large crowds?

I was wondering that too. It seems that RideMax is not taking the 50th into account and possibly going off last year's crowds. I will PM Ridemax Mark and see what he thinks. :geek: I'll let you know what I find out.

annieb727
11-26-2005, 11:40 AM
I was wondering that too. It seems that RideMax is not taking the 50th into account and possibly going off last year's crowds. I will PM Ridemax Mark and see what he thinks. :geek: I'll let you know what I find out.

i am very curious to know too...i just purchased ride max a week ago or so...hope it is still helpful with all these crowds!!

Opus1guy
11-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Perhaps another barometer...Club 33 has supposedly been booked 100% though Xmas Eve for some time now. Every single lunch and dinner! Was told that while it's not unusual for weekends to be booked around Xmas months in advance, it is very unusual for every single weekday to do the same.

gothemi
11-26-2005, 12:17 PM

However, don't forget that X-mas is on a Sunday this year as opposed to a Saturday last year. I fully anticipate X-mas to be packed, but alot of folks will still be in church and watching football/basketball (too bad there isn't an LA football team) among other Sunday rituals. Plus, alot of people work the next day (such as myself, thank goodness for vacation balances).

I expect it to balance out though with the 50th hoopla still going strong.

Justin'sMom
11-26-2005, 07:50 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that my family just got back from a week long vacation at Disneyland and DCA and we did use Ridemax. It worked so well I may never plan another visit to Disneyland without it. On the day before Thanksgiving Ridemax had underestimated the wait for Peter Pan (about 25 minutes and it was our second ride) but we just skipped a "lower priority" ride and we were back on schedule. We did have to make sure we were at the gates early -- in fact on Early Entry days one of our family members went in early and got the stroller and left it at the monorail station. That way when we got in the park with our 5 year old we didn't have to wait in the stroller line (we really should have just brought ours).

So without sounding too much like a commercial for RideMax -- we loved it even during a very busy week!