PDA

View Full Version : Construction Walls at Space Mountain?

charpaul
11-25-2005, 06:01 AM
I have seen these constuction walls on the roof of the Magic Eye Theater in the outside part of the line for Space Mtn for about 3 weeks now. Does anyone have any idea what they are doing up there??? If this was addressed in a park update I missed it:)
I also noticed that the strobe light effects on the outside of the Mtn. have not been working lately either......

TowerofTerror
11-25-2005, 08:05 AM
is this at Disneyland or WDW space mountain you see construction wallss

Andrew
11-25-2005, 09:05 AM
As there is no "Magic Eye Theater" at the Magic Kingdom in WDW, I have to assume charpaul is referring to Disneyland.

Well, intrepid MousePlanet field reporters?

charpaul
11-25-2005, 10:06 AM
DisneyLand!
Isn't the Magic Eye Theater the name of the place where Honey I Shrunk the Audience is playing???
The roof of the theater - in the queue for Space Mtn. - the outside portion of the line.
They have had these walls up there for at least 3 weeks now. Wondering what they are there for? Maybe just crowd control???

Jon Vincible
12-10-2005, 11:11 AM
I also saw the construction walls this last week. It was my first time on the new Space Mountain so I just figured they were part of the queue. Also, did anyone notice the missing panel on the right side of the wall right before entering the loading area room? It's a big long gray panel that was hanging on for dear life on Wednesday, and then gone on Thursday.

potzbie
12-10-2005, 02:09 PM
As there is no "Magic Eye Theater" at the Magic Kingdom in WDW, I have to assume charpaul is referring to Disneyland.

Well, intrepid MousePlanet field reporters?

There is no explicit name of that theater.

The free map you get at the entrance, as well as the official DISNEYLAND web site, just lists that "attraction" as:
"HONEY, I SHRUNK THE KIDS," PRESENTED BY KODAK

We cannot call that theater "The Kodak Theater," since there already is a Kodak Theater on Hollywood Boulevard, in the HOLLYWOOD AND HIGHLAND shopping center, across the street from EL CAPITAN THEATER.

Durint the CAPTAIN EO era, that theater was referred to as the Magic Eye Theater.
That area (there was no theater) was called "The Tomorrowland Stage" when the KIDS OF THE KINGDOM sang and danced.

So, when we MousePlanet regulars refer to that theater, we better get an acronym or a nickname.
Choose:
(a.) HISTA Theater?
(b.) Honey Theater?
(c.) Shrink Theater?
(d.) Tomorrowland Theater?
(e.) Old Capt. Eo Theater?
(f.) Old Magic Eye Theater?
(g.) Theater Whose Name Cannot Be Uttered?

Andrew
12-10-2005, 02:54 PM
As far as I know, it's the Magic Eye Theater, which is currently showing "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience". If and when HIStA goes and another movie attraction takes its place, the venue will still be the Magic Eye Theater.

HorizonsA
12-10-2005, 03:58 PM
There is no explicit name of that theater.

The free map you get at the entrance, as well as the official DISNEYLAND web site, just lists that "attraction" as:
"HONEY, I SHRUNK THE KIDS," PRESENTED BY KODAK

We cannot call that theater "The Kodak Theater," since there already is a Kodak Theater on Hollywood Boulevard, in the HOLLYWOOD AND HIGHLAND shopping center, across the street from EL CAPITAN THEATER.

Durint the CAPTAIN EO era, that theater was referred to as the Magic Eye Theater.
That area (there was no theater) was called "The Tomorrowland Stage" when the KIDS OF THE KINGDOM sang and danced.

So, when we MousePlanet regulars refer to that theater, we better get an acronym or a nickname.
Choose:
(a.) HISTA Theater?
(b.) Honey Theater?
(c.) Shrink Theater?
(d.) Tomorrowland Theater?
(e.) Old Capt. Eo Theater?
(f.) Old Magic Eye Theater?
(g.) Theater Whose Name Cannot Be Uttered?

Well, even Cast Members today working at Innoventions still call that building the Carousel Theatre even though there is no longer a show in the carousel itself. I still refer to Innoventions as the Carousel Theatre.

Plus, Magic Eye Theatre sounds much more appealing then any of the choices listed above.

charpaul
12-10-2005, 06:26 PM
potzbie IS correct though.... they no longer have the name "Magic Eye Theater" on the outside of the building. I KNOW at some point in the not too distant past that is still had some signage that had that name:) I have only been visiting the park since 1996 and I KNOW that I have read that name on the theater exterior somewhere - LOL

SO ....

Back to my original topic.
Does anyone know anything about the construction walls in the Space Mtn. queue on the roof of "the theater that has no name" that is currently showing HISTA????:D

DCACM
12-10-2005, 06:55 PM
I believe it has something to do with structural issues of the HISTA roof... Walls were put up to keep SM guests out of that area...like a soft spot on a baby's head.

TowerofTerror
12-10-2005, 06:57 PM
it look awful the wall up on top I wish they take it down.

Pooh bear
12-10-2005, 07:11 PM
is this at Disneyland or WDW space mountain you see construction wallss

Since this is the DISNEYLAND board... I would assume Disneyland

evrythngwmn
12-11-2005, 12:06 AM
I believe it has something to do with structural issues of the HISTA roof... Walls were put up to keep SM guests out of that area...like a soft spot on a baby's head.

I think you're on track DCACM because the theater inside has rain water damage in various areas.

PragmaticIdealist
12-11-2005, 08:29 AM
Imagination Institute

ToursbabeC3po
12-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Imagination Institute
A lot of cast members call it HISTA, Imagination institute, or Magic eye theater.
At WDW there really is a Imagination institute that is separate from the HISTA attraction so it gets a little confusing LOL.