PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks? [Weekend after Thanksgiving]

mi_mous
11-24-2005, 11:41 PM
Hi all!!

I am just wondering if they are going on with the fireworks show or not, since they were cancelled pretty much the whole time I was there last week. (The 15th-18th)
We may be going on Sunday, and I want my mom to see the show, since she hasn't seen it, but I am wondering if they have been cancelled at all this week.. I feel light breezes and think that they would probably be cancelled today.. but I am also speculating A LOT, and also down in San Diego.
Just wondering.
Also, shouldn't the crowds be a little less on Sunday? Since it is AFTER the holiday, and that day is spent travelling back home? (At least that is what I am hoping!)

Darkbeer
11-25-2005, 12:08 AM
The Fireworks have gone off the last two nights.

The winds have died down, but weather can always change.

There is a 20% chance of rain for Saturday, and that can cause the Snow effect to be cancelled, for safety reasons (the snow can cause things to get slippery when wet).

As for crowds, who knows, they have been heavy all week....

Phantom2006
11-25-2005, 02:23 PM
It looks like that on sat. the fireworks are going to be off, because of winds on wheather.com it says the winds all day will be like 20+ mph. But on sunday it says it going to be sunny and winds at like 8 mph. the winds usually die off after the sun goes down, so i think the fireworks will go off on sunday. Just look on wheather.com and they have an hour by hour forcast.

mi_mous
11-25-2005, 11:58 PM
Thanks for this information!! I hope that we can see them on Sunday, but understand if they don't go off.. once again. I just keep hitting the bad days to go and catch fireworks!
Crowds will be an expected thing, but I won't freak out if they are larger than normal. We have passes, we will just be there to experience the holidays. It came up soo fast!!
After battling the mall crowds today, it should be a breeze!! ;)