PDA

View Full Version : 50 things you didn't know about Disneyland - SF Chronicle, 11/24/05

Darkbeer
11-24-2005, 03:05 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/fea/travel/unitedstates/stories/112705dntradisneylist.1fe5d3e.html

QuikQuote: In honor of Disneyland’s 50th anniversary, we present 50 cool, obscure and simply odd things you probably didn’t know about the self-proclaimed Happiest Place on Earth. Many were culled from Mouse Tales by David Koenig (Bonaventure, $19.95). Some were provided by Disney archivist Dave Smith, and others came from 101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland by former park employee Kevin Yee and lifelong fan Jason Schultz (Zauberreich, $14.95).

1. Disneyland’s original Tinker Bell was a 71-year-old Hungarian circus performer named Tiny Kline. The first to fly off the top of the Matterhorn on a zip line, she previously worked as a stunt aerialist, hanging from a flying airplane by her teeth.

2. High inside the hollow Matterhorn is a basketball court. It’s part of an employee break room. Los Angeles Lakers’ center Vlade Divac has been up there to shoot hoops.

Cindy Lou Who
11-24-2005, 05:18 PM
This is so cool. The article is great!

I Heart Disneyland!
11-24-2005, 07:16 PM
I love the books...I'd rather read those!!! :)

Pirate Princess
11-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Thank you Darkbeer! I don't have time to read the books right now (too much school work) and that was a perfect short read!