PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone stayed at Peacock Suites?

Cindy Lou Who
11-23-2005, 11:37 PM
Has anyone ever stayed at Peacock Suites? It is part of our timeshare and we had some extra time so we booked in there for a week. I can't get very much info from the place about how far it is from Disneyland. Some say a mile and some say three blocks. (Maybe that is a mile in LA?) That is too far for our little ones to walk. Is it a decent place? We have a three bedroom suite so I think we will a adequate room. Please let me know if you have stayed there and what do you think?

momtotwins
11-24-2005, 12:55 PM
But, it is quite a distance to Disneyland. Three blocks is correct, but they are very LOOOONNNNGGGG blocks. It took us (we had a 9 and 11 year old with us on that trip) about 20-25 minutes to walk to Disneyland. At the end of the day, when everyone was tired, it was brutal. They did offer a shuttle (not sure whether they still do or not).

The rooms were fine (remember this was some time ago). The pool area nice, and breakfast pretty minimal and in a smallish room. I remember it being a good value for what we paid (a two bedroom suite for under $100 a night).

eryn
11-24-2005, 01:11 PM
4 adults and 6 kids. 2 queens and a pull out in a seperate room. kinda cramped. no problems. no breakfast. the pool was just fine. we always took the shuttle, seemed like to far to walk. no complaints. march 04 for 7 nights. have fun!

Mermaid
11-24-2005, 05:27 PM
I just stayed there this past September. we also have a timeshare that this place fell in to. It is not anywhere near as nice as the other timeshare properties I have stayed at but it is adequate lodging. They are on the ART line for a shuttle but at $3/person/day it was cheaper for us to drive to the park and park. It is really not walkable unless you are very determined to save money!! The breakfast was not that great but adequate. They had fruit, danishes and cereal. We found we were hungry again about 11 each day. i had heard some complaints about the parking lot which is small, but we never had any trouble finding a spot. The one problem we had is in one room the TV kept getting really dark. We put it on the form to leave for maintance but it never got fixed. We never called down about it though. We found if we put a shoe underneath one side the color came back! i know, it probably would have been easier to call but we weren't there to watch TV!! We had the two room suite. We had a faint view of DCA from our room. All and all, it is a decent place, but no Embassy Suites!!

Micmousetoo
11-25-2005, 09:35 AM
I just stayed there with my family in May as my parents also have a time share vacation plan. We stayed in a suite with two rooms. It wasn't snazy or anything but it did have the mini refridgerator and microwave which allowed us to have sandwhich meat, milk, yogurt, cold water etc. Parking is an issue at this location! By the end of an evening they run out of parking spots and then people park anywhere which makes it hard to maneuver. One night we stayed and closed out at the DL park and when we got back to the hotel there were no parking spaces. We were sent to park at the Red Tin Roof or some such place but they turned us away saying the overflow parking agreement with Peacock was cancelled. We went back to the Peacock and told management that we were parking in a non-parking area and to call our room if they needed us to move the truck. It was definately stressful doing all that at 1:00 am. It is a straight shot to Disneyland from the hotel but it is a LONG walk. We had AAA 5 day flex passes which included free parking so we parked every day which worked out fine. I would not recommend walking to DL and back! It is way too far. But, if you have time share time to use up it's an ok place to stay.

RickW
11-25-2005, 01:30 PM
but Tripadvisor.com has 44 reviews, many of them very recent.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g29092-d78769-Reviews-Peacock_Suites-Anaheim_California.html