PDA

View Full Version : trip report 11/14 - 11/17

KRA0125
11-23-2005, 12:44 PM
HI all! I wanted to share a few of the highlights from our trip since this site was soooo helpful in the planning. We (myself, dh, ds - 3yrs, and mom) were in the park 4 days, definately not enough time in my opinion.

Anyway, the weather was beautiful and the parks were not very crowded at all. We had been last summer when my little guy was about 18 months old and he had fun but he had a BLAST this time. We started in Tomorrowland where we rode Buzz twice right off the bat, he is a huge Buzz fan. I have to say, very cool ride. Then off to try and meet Buzz but I had mentioned Autopia and he did not want to meet Buzz untill he had driven the cars. So.... we drove the cars then went to Winners Circle where we got the photo stickers for his drivers licence. It's in his wallet, too cute. Then we were able to meet Buzz. That meet and greet is alot of fun because of the music and dancing, it was a nice change. Lets see, then he spotted Haunted Mansion on the map and insisted we go there, who was I to argue? That turned out to be his favorite ride, we rode it 5 times over the trip. :eek: I bought the nightmare movie for him and he has watched it 3 times since we have been home, it's a good thing I like the movie too. Also went on POTC, my mom got soaked, funny but I don't remember ever getting that wet. That ride never gets old.

Visited Tom Sawyers Island, that is a really good place to let the kids run off some excess energy, We had a hard time getting the little guy off of the island. We rode Pooh's ride and I was bummed that I completely forget to look for the characters from Country Bear Jamboree in there, maybe next time. I do have to agree with some other posters, it could be better, but it is charming in it's own way and a god ride for the little ones. My son, however, loved the haunted mansion and the matterhorn so he was not too impressed. He was however, impressed with meeting Pooh, Eeyore and Tigger. Of course, we did all of Fantasyland, Dumbo and the Carosel twice. Peter Pan twice too but the second time the ride broke down and it was 20 minute wait, not too bad though because many folks left the line, not us! On a side note, I finally found Tink in the ride, :D I don't know how I always missed her!

I know some folks are not terribly impressed with the parade that is running but we saw it twice. The first night we had great seats right along the route and my son had interaction with several characters, again very cool. That was I think my favorite part, watching his eyes light up watching the parade. Seeing his excitement, I get a little teary eyed thinking about it. Thats what life is about, you know? ;) Sooo, we met a whole slew of characters and got many cute pics to go along. My favorite was my son meeting Cinderella, he has a huge crush and could barely speak when he met her. She signed the book with a heart by her name and he was walking on cloud nine because, "Cinderella loves me mom!"

We spent one day at CA and that was enough, saw the shows and little guy got to talk to Crush. Aladin was a wonderful show and the Bugs show was pretty cute too. We did not see too many characters over there that day and I wondered if it was always that way. Did get a chance to stop in Enginears for the potato head accessories, that is a great souvinear, really cute stuff. :p

We visited the Tiki room for the first time, can't get that song out of my head :eek: , and I had my first Dole Whip, heaven on earth! :D The fireworks were cancelled 2 of the nights we were there but they are spectacular, definately one of the many highlights, the snow was very cool too but there was soo much where we were standing we were covered and hysterically laughing, good times! :D

I could go on and on, penny pressing, dole whips, piranahs in the jungle (scared me to death), dole whips, Mickey Mouse 4 times, dole whips, you get the picture. Anyway, the trip was perfect, just when you think it can't get any better, it does and that is why I LOVE Disneyland. I am missing it already.

Thanks to all of you for all of the great tips, this is a wonderful board!

Mermaid
11-23-2005, 05:59 PM
Great report! I am glad you had fun!

nvmom
11-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Aww, great report. Reading trip reports is one of my fav things about this board. Sounds like a fabulous time. I know exactly what you mean about watching your kids eyes light up.

nvmom