PDA

View Full Version : Is there still "early entry" when the park opens at 8am?

Ayeegit
11-23-2005, 09:49 AM
Just planned a trip to Disneyland for the week before Christmas (going to be in San Diego for a bowl game on the 22nd, so we figured we'd stop by Mickey's place first - always looking for a good excuse!), and I see that the park will be open from 8am to midnight all three days we'll be there, which is great. But since we bought 3-day park hopper passes, I'm wondering if early entry is offered/necessary with those park hours.

hlbtimes2
11-23-2005, 10:04 AM
Yes, its offered. Its every Monday, Tues, Thur and Saturday. In my opinion, yes, you should go if you can! The lines for rides like Dumbo and Peter Pan get very long, and stay that way all day. During EE you will be able to do almost all of the rides in Fantasyland, and be done with the area. You can also (most days) ride the matterhorn, space and buzz. Use the hour, leave mid day to rest (since you'll have to get up very early to be at the gate before 7). Mid day the park is going to be packed anyway, so you might as well take a break. Then come back in the evening for fireworks, F! and all that.

DangerMouse
11-23-2005, 10:05 AM
Yes, early entry is offered Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, one hour before the park opens, even if it is at 8 am. The hard part is getting your body to the gate at 6:30 am! Yawn! ;)

Ayeegit
11-23-2005, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the info - guess we'll try to make either Monday or Tuesday our "early" day, then. We're staying close enough to the park that going back to the room and letting the kids get some rest shouldn't be a problem.

We've never planned a trip to a Disney park on such short notice (our team just got the bowl invite yesterday, so we cooked up the plan last night) - it's a nice change to know we'll be in the parks in less than a month, instead of the usual three or four month wait that gets more unbearable every week!

gothemi
11-23-2005, 02:05 PM
How do you get Early Entry? This is new to me. I have heard about getting into Toontown earlier with a AAA ticket, but nothing about Early Entry. Who is eligible? How do you take advantage of this offer?

olddumbguy
11-23-2005, 03:28 PM
How do you get Early Entry? This is new to me. I have heard about getting into Toontown earlier with a AAA ticket, but nothing about Early Entry. Who is eligible? How do you take advantage of this offer?

Good question. As a brand new Premium AP holder, I would think my early entry admission would be a given. But who knows?

hlbtimes2
11-23-2005, 04:29 PM
EE is given with a 3 or more day park hopper or to guests at the 3 resort hotels. The guests at the hotels is a trial basis and could be stopped at any time. The only way to get it as a AP holder is to stay at the hotel, it is not part of the AP package.

Edit to add: with your 3+ day park hopper you are given one day of EE. As a hotel guest you can currently use EE any day it offered while you are there. So, for example if you were there for a week you could use it Mon, Tues, Thur and Saturday.

olddumbguy
11-23-2005, 05:39 PM
Living in San Bernardino, the only way I would actually use it was if I were staying at the park.

gothemi
11-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Sounds good. How do you actually enter the park. Do you just walk up to the front gate around 7:00 with your park ticket and that's it?

rentayenta
11-24-2005, 03:38 AM
Yes, early entry is offered Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, one hour before the park opens, even if it is at 8 am. The hard part is getting your body to the gate at 6:30 am! Yawn! ;)

This is awesome! I might actually attempt this depending on how late we stay in the parks Friday night. It would be well worth leaving a bit early and getting the kids to bed in order to take advantage of this. Enjoying Fantasyland at 7 am, coffee in hand, sounds heavenly to me.

wwithers is going to freak when she reads this. :~D

Drince88
11-24-2005, 04:13 AM
Sounds good. How do you actually enter the park. Do you just walk up to the front gate around 7:00 with your park ticket and that's it?
Yep - there are some gates marked "Early Entry" or something like that where you want to line up. I literally walked onto Dumbo in October using it (the only time I'll ride that is if it's a walk on, or close)

wwithers
11-24-2005, 01:08 PM
This is awesome! I might actually attempt this depending on how late we stay in the parks Friday night. It would be well worth leaving a bit early and getting the kids to bed in order to take advantage of this. Enjoying Fantasyland at 7 am, coffee in hand, sounds heavenly to me.

wwithers is going to freak when she reads this. :~D

You are truly off your rocker, my friend. Heavenly compared to what? Sliding down a razor blade into a vat of alcohol?

And what do you mean, a BIT early? I think I'm going to be sick. :(

rentayenta
11-24-2005, 01:45 PM
You are truly off your rocker, my friend. Heavenly compared to what? Sliding down a razor blade into a vat of alcohol?

And what do you mean, a BIT early? I think I'm going to be sick. :(

Bwah ah ah ah ah ah ah.

Pretty pleeeeeeeeeeeeease! I promise that you can go back to the room and take a nap and I will keep O with me! :D Just think: the crisp morning air, an icey cold Diet Dr. Pepper (coffee for me), Fantasyland, and our kids having their time of their lives. We can tell them that they opened it just for them.

going2disneyAZ
11-25-2005, 08:48 PM
Heading to do EE tomorrow. Does anyone know if Holiday Small World is open during EE? please let me know asap!