PDA

View Full Version : Dole Whips

Enter The Mouse
11-22-2005, 05:13 PM
I am going to Disney soon and I have never heard of Dole Whips. Online everyone seems to enjoy them. I love Pineapple. What exactly are they? What is the difference between Dole Whips and Dole Whip Floats and on a scale of 1 to 10 how good are they?

Also How much are they and what are the proportions?

Thanks very much in advanced!

Gone2Disneyland
11-22-2005, 05:24 PM
I am going to Disney soon and I have never heard of Dole Whips. Online everyone seems to enjoy them. I love Pineapple. What exactly are they? What is the difference between Dole Whips and Dole Whip Floats and on a scale of 1 to 10 how good are they?

Also How much are they and what are the proportions?

Thanks very much in advanced!
A Dole pineapple whip is basically a pineapple-flavored soft serve ice cream, served in a small plastic cup.

They're sold only at the little hut in front of Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the cost. I believe it's $2.25 for the Dole pineapple whip, and $4.50 for the Dole pineapple whip float. The Dole pineapple juice is $2.25 (I think), but basically, you're paying for both to get them together in the whip float.

A Dole pineapple whip float is the whip served in a taller plastic cup with Dole pineapple juice added. A cherry is on top along with a paper umbrella for effect. I've been a long time fan of the whip, but I tried the float for the first time this past summer and am having a difficult time just ordering the whip. Of course, it was during the summer, so the cool taste of the juice during a hot day added to the satisfying enjoyment.

From what I've read here, the whip and the float aren't everyone's cup of tea. But you should definitely try it and judge it for yourself. If it ends up you don't enjoy it, enjoy the fact that there was one new thing you tried on your newest visit to Disneyland!

Btw, my owning ratings...
Dole pineapple whip - 9 (10 before I tried the whip float)
Dole pineapple whip float - 10 (especially during the summer)

Enter The Mouse
11-22-2005, 05:30 PM
Thanks you answered all my questions! I will try it and say how it is in my trip report.

momtotwins
11-22-2005, 05:51 PM
I think I paid $2.75 last week for the Dole Whip. The Float was close to $5.

It sure was yummy though!

Biscuit
11-22-2005, 06:16 PM
Yes, it was $2.75 for me last week too. Having heard them mentioned I'm glad I gave one a go. Talk about a Mr Whippy with a kick! yum yum yum.

passthepixiedust
11-22-2005, 06:24 PM
I looooove them mmmmmmm.
You know what's funny though ? I wasn't crazy about them (Dole Whip Floats) for the first two or three sips/bites...but OMG ! After that, watch out ! I turned into a Float ordering machine ! There is no line too long to stand in to order one ! They are expensive though.

Gone2Disneyland
11-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Hearing about the price hike makes sense. It's been a while since I ordered a whip or whip float, and the food price changes reported by MousePlanet were supposed to take place over October. So thank you all for the heads up on that. (Hmm, is my premium AP discount valid there now...? :p )

Enter the Mouse, glad to hear you're planning to try it. Btw, you're also allowed to bring the whip and whip float into the Tiki Room if you like. Of course, just take your trash out with you when you leave.

Also, the poor girls (I can't remember ever seeing guys working there...) are overwhelmed with the lines on both sides of the booth, so have patience and a smile for them when you order your treat. :)

SandraVB79
11-23-2005, 12:07 AM
When the line "outside" is up to Jungle Cruise, try the line on the other side of the boot, usually it's a lot shorter.

And I score it as an 11, it really is THAT good!

DaddyB
11-23-2005, 01:19 AM
Here's a hint (and my "secret I'm so glad I know")... first purchase a Churro, then a Dole Whip. Dip the end of the churro into the whip and smack away!

It's magically delicious!

sjcivilady
11-23-2005, 06:16 AM
If you ask, they'll give you a little taste. I bought my first whip - it was very good and hit the spot because it was fairly warm last week. Eat slowly - causes brain freeze. :) They let you take them in the Tiki Room, also.

SandraVB79
11-23-2005, 07:21 AM
The good thing about the Dole Whip is that you taste the pineapple, but it's not an "overwhelming" taste. It's about the most refreshing ice cream that exists!

Vegitabeta
11-23-2005, 08:30 AM
I'd never had one until August, but it was very nice and refreshing! Short answer to your question-it's pineapple ice-cream.

Also, mine cost about $2.50 or $2.75.

ima_mickeyfan
11-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Dh is a big pineapple fan...so when we where there this past sept. I bought him one as a suprise for when he got of of INDY!! he has been hooked ever since..he keeps saying that's the first thing he is going to get when we go back to DL. I thought they were pretty well priced compared to somethings in the park

maryjeane
11-23-2005, 09:44 AM
I had my first Dole Whip last week. Mmmmm, mmmmmm, good! Espepcially since it was so hot - they are VERY refreshing.