PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic trip 11/16-11/20

Mommy mouse
11-22-2005, 09:13 AM
My husband tried to surprise me with a trip to Disneyland for my birthday, but quickly learned you can't tell a 4 year old a secret like that. Thank goodness the 4 yo spilled the beans and I found this site, because I was able to plan some stuff that made our trip even better. We did the 4th night free deal and stayed at the DLH. We ended up in the Bonita tower which I was not thrilled with at first, but it ended up being perfect. The room was bigger than we had stayed in in the other towers, had a fridge, daybed, and view of the waters, and park. We EE on Thursday and walked on several rides. Peter Pan broke for about 20 minutes, but we just stayed in line anyway. It was my b-day and I got the sticker and lots of "happy birthdays'. We were stuffed from room service bfast so we moved our Blue Bayou reservation to Saturday. My kids get nervous about fireworks, but agreed to watch them 'for my birthday'. They loved them and begged to see them every other night we were there. I feel so lucky we saw them that day because it sounds like they didn't happen the 4 days prior and I know they didn't happen friday or saturday.

Friday was a bit more crowded (especially at night), but we seemed to have the line fairies helping us and managed to get on rides with very little wait (less than 15 minutes). We had a great lunch at Ariel's Grotto and got our princess fix.

Saturday we did EE again-- 7:15 am momorail. I cannot stress enough what a wonderful thing EE is. We walked on so many rides and even were allowed to stay on DUmbo for another ride around. HAd lunch at the BB and had to convince my 6 yo it was not dinner or night time, lol. I gave the hubby a seat on the balcony for the 10:30 Fantasmic show as a belated birthday present. He LOVED it. The kids and I watched from the restaurant kitty corner from that. They needed to stand on chairs, but it was ok.

Sunday we shopped and used our espn zone credits. Fun stuff. Fantastic trip.

Alex

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
11-22-2005, 09:21 AM
What a great trip! I'm glad you had so much fun. I went to Disneyland for my birthday this year, too, and it was a blast. Thanks for the report!