PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Trip Report

SactoGuy
11-22-2005, 08:51 AM
So i just got back from a 2 day trip to Disneyland... and wow it was packed. More packed then i have ever experienced. I have been there on labour day and fourth of july in the summer and this was crazy. At least a 45 min wait on everything. Oh and i do have say for anyone going, until they resolve the labour issue, expect REALLY REALLY REALLY long waits in the food lines or buying anything. I waited almost 45 minutes to get a veggie burger at Club Buzz, and there were only 4 registers open at 5:30 in the evening!

OOOH yeah another gripe!!!! I work for the Legislature and on my bag had a few pins: No on 75, Unions Yes (With a big check mark) and my dad's local... and a castmember, not one of the people at that check your bags or let you in the park, but i guess a manager or security, stopped me and asked me to take my buttons off my bag... i had forgot they were there, but still i was kinda shocked they did that.

Also, another bummer. There were no fireworks. They said the conditions weren't right for fireworks, so all we got was the snow, and fantasmic =(.

I was happy to see there are now 4 carts for turkey legs!!!!!

I was really upset with the blue bayou. we made a reservation a month ago, and they were so understaffed they were really behind, and asked if they could move us to dinner, and all i wanted was to have a monte christo.

I think sunday was the most frustrating day. We waited on average at in any food line or to pay for something at least 45 min...

there were numerous rides broken down:

thundermountain,
roger rabbit,
space mountain,
Matterhorn,
haunted mansion (we sat for 20 min, on the ride...),
Star Tours,
and Indiana JOnes.

Of course they had then open up again as fast as possible. I think thundermountain was the one that didnt open back up till almost 6 that night, which was cool b/c i like it a lot better at night.

Space mountain was broken down here and there...

But we got there at about 10 am and space mountain fast passes were already up to 9pm =( .

There were deffinetly a lot more people then i have experieneced there and a few cast members mentioned that. I think there was a Fresno State v. USC game that day and they had a bunch of marching bands.

Now... good things =)

This was my first time ever at DL during the Holidays and i have been going to DL since i was 5! im 30 now :D

All together it was a good trip. I really liked all the decorations and stuff. I was dissapointed when i first entered the park b/c i expected more, but at night WOW! at night it really is christmas.

It's a small world... i really liked the christmas get up! and i could tell they have touched up a lot of stuff that last time i went (in september) needed some repair.

Haunted Mansion... On Saturday it worked flawlessly, and i really liked it, But madame Liotas head wasn't floating =( but i really liked the Nightmare before christmas stuff.

So it was a good trip.

Just remember if your going while they are having labour issues, just be polite to the cast members they really are working their butts off. I actually had to tell someone slow down it was okay...

but just remember to be nice! they are working double shifts and their butts off so you can have a good time!

Enter The Mouse
11-22-2005, 04:18 PM
Sounds like you had fun (besides the crowds and all).