PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast in the Park question.

EchoThree76
11-21-2005, 11:53 PM
WE got our AAA package. and got vouchers for Breakfast in the PArk. Where is the best place to go? And why?

SandraVB79
11-22-2005, 12:11 AM
River Belle Terrace

EchoThree76
11-22-2005, 12:17 AM
Why is that the best?

SandraVB79
11-22-2005, 12:26 AM
They have wonderful Mickey Pancakes

You can eat outside and watch the Mark Twain come by.

If you take the train to NOS at park opening, there is about no one there when you get to eat, and it's just a wonderful, quiet experience.

It's the place where Walt used to have Sunday Brunch.

11-22-2005, 02:47 AM
River Belle Terrace

Agreed. Nice pancakes, perfect ambience. Get there early and watch the park wake up.

Drince88
11-22-2005, 02:58 AM
Here's a link (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=50093) to a recent thread on the subject.

ChicagoCarlessMike
11-22-2005, 03:09 PM
Truthfully, though, during the holidays your best bet is to eat BEFORE the park opens (Millie's, Denny's, McDonald's, what have you). The early morning hours are the only time of day that Disneyland will be uncrowded. From Thanksgiving to New Year's, by Noon the park can be packed, sometimes already horrendously so. This is especially true for visitors with small kids, because Fantasyland dark rides have low capacity and once they get crowded, they stay crowded all day (i.e. you'll wait 5 minutes for Peter Pan's flight at 8:15 a.m., but may wait 90 by Noon).

I'd suggest giving the vouchers to someone in the park to reduce your early-morning ride competition even further ;)

GrumpyUTboi
11-22-2005, 03:18 PM
We are eating at the Plaza Inn for a character breakfast.

Wendi
11-22-2005, 06:55 PM
Truthfully, though, during the holidays your best bet is to eat BEFORE the park opens (Millie's, Denny's, McDonald's, what have you). The early morning hours are the only time of day that Disneyland will be uncrowded. From Thanksgiving to New Year's, by Noon the park can be packed, sometimes already horrendously so. This is especially true for visitors with small kids, because Fantasyland dark rides have low capacity and once they get crowded, they stay crowded all day (i.e. you'll wait 5 minutes for Peter Pan's flight at 8:15 a.m., but may wait 90 by Noon).

I'd suggest giving the vouchers to someone in the park to reduce your early-morning ride competition even further ;)

Bah humbug... you can go to early entry, ride everything you want in the first hour or so before the crowds arrive, then head to the River Belle Terrace when you're actually hungry for your Mickey pancakes. :D

h_lehmann
11-22-2005, 07:32 PM
River Belle Terrace, hands down my favorite. Eggs scrambled, bacon, great potatoes, and a biscuit, all at a table on the patio along the railing. The riverfront is still pretty empty, you can just barely hear the theme from Tarnzan's treehouse in the background, and while you're eating you can watch the Mark Twain go out for its morning trial run.

Mickey Matt
11-22-2005, 09:16 PM
Put it this way, Walt himself used to eat at the River Belle every Sunday morning. Thats good enough for me. Oh, and the food is good and you get alot for the price.

SneakyStella
11-22-2005, 10:01 PM
I am pretty sure that the "Breakfast in the Park" vouchers that the OP is asking about are only for use at Club Buzz. This could have already changed as I know the Breakfast in the Park location does rotate, but when I was there earlier this month I was told that was the only place they were valid at that time. I don't think the OP was asking a generic "where is a good place for breakfast in the park" but rather where he can use his "Breakfast in the Park" vouchers. Hope this helps, but you can always call since the locations do change.

ChicagoCarlessMike
11-23-2005, 06:07 AM
Bah humbug... you can go to early entry, ride everything you want in the first hour or so before the crowds arrive, then head to the River Belle Terrace when you're actually hungry for your Mickey pancakes. :D

I hadn't thought of that. Good point! (Though it'll only work if they actually keep early-entry around this time).

SandraVB79
11-23-2005, 07:23 AM
I hadn't thought of that. Good point! (Though it'll only work if they actually keep early-entry around this time).

You don't even need early entry for that. The first hour the park opens, it's not that crowded. The lines are so short you could easily do Peter Pan, Matterhorn, Space, Splash and BTM in the first hour the park opens.