PDA

View Full Version : Back from the Greatest Holiday of All Time

Biscuit
11-21-2005, 06:38 PM
Hi Guys

Just wanted to drop in with a few comments about our wonderful "trip of a lifetime". While it encompassed WDW as well as DL, I'll focus on the great bits from DL here :)

- Space Mountain was everything I remembered and more. The rebuild and new "take off" has made it better I believe. I also believe it is FAR superior to the WDW version. It will always and forever be favourite ride.

- Had our wedding anniversary dinner at Blue Bayou, and were blown away by the atmosphere and food. Waiter also gave us a commemorative pin, but I lost it shopping only a few hours later (sniff sniff dumb me).

- The Christmas decorations were beautiful, and I was impressed by IASW overlay.

- Got an outstanding impromptu "mini-tour" of the Disney Gallery by a lovely Cast member (wish I'd caught her name!!!), as she talked me through Walt's apartment and secret entrance to Club 33. She also took me into the back room to show me what Kinkade pictures were available.

- The Hojo were outstanding for service and friendliness. I will not stop raving about them! I will be sending them a big complimentary letter. They far outshone the hotel (Best Western) we had in Orlando - the Hojo know how to smile!

- We were there on the "full capacity" day on Veteran's Day. Thankfully we walked in and walked out again, opting to shop in DTD. It didn't really phase us. Also with fireworks being cancelled a few days last week, we weren't phased either. In the end we figured there's no reason to get hung up on that stuff, and go find something else to enjoy.

- My hubby kept calling me "Disney Nerd" coz I kept quoting Mouse Pad all the time!

- While I was upset and stressed at time (coz it was our last day) I can laugh now that our VERY last ride of the holiday - Splash Mountain - broke down with us at the bottom of the final rise.

- I gave the CMs plenty of slack coz I know it's a tough time for them right now, but it was so nice to get lots of smiles and "I love your hat!" (minnie ears cap) from older CMs.

Well, I guess it will be decades before we get the chance to go back. I joked that we should maybe go on the next big anniversary. So, ah well, that was my Disney fix for 25 years or more!

Amanda (still buzzing and somewhere in my laughing place)

Crazy4DL
11-21-2005, 06:52 PM
Great trip report! and I love your attitude! Good for you! :)

I hope you don't have to wait 25 years to come back.

beanpole
11-21-2005, 11:45 PM
I've been staying at HoJo 2-3 times a year for the last 6 years or so. Why? Because of their outstanding service and friendliness, which is not only best of class, but is consistently so year after year.

11-22-2005, 02:53 AM
*sigh* Just a wonderful, wonderful trip report, Amanda!

Alice Fan
11-22-2005, 06:23 AM
Thanks for sharing, Amanda! Glad to hear good things about HoJos, we're staying there for the first time in 3 days. Funny, my hubby calls me a Disney Nerd too, lol!

Shelli