PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I need help before trip in 6 days! (Coffee at DL Resort)

potterphreak
11-21-2005, 01:51 PM
My hubby is a coffee NUT. I have recommended to him to just bring his own coffee, grinder and espresso machine but no, he isn't interested unless it is a last resort. We are staying at the DL Hotel, WHERE can he get decent coffee that is nearby? He is thinking of something called THE COFFEE HOUSE which is inside the DLH, anyone have any reviews? Thanks!!!!!!

Andrew
11-21-2005, 01:54 PM
The Coffee House (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/hotels/dining/detail?name=CoffeeHouseDiningPage) is a small coffee & baked goods shop in the Disneyland Hotel convention center complex, near Goofy's Kitchen and Granville's. They have a good selection of coffee/espresso beverages and the usual muffins, croissants, cookies and so forth. On a recent trip I had a double-tall latte that was quite good.

Mommy2NicknMax
11-21-2005, 02:15 PM
I've gotten mochas (hot and cold) at Compass Books. It was pretty good. I seem to remember the iced mocha was better though. I'm not sure how big their selection is. Stay away from their Gingerbread latte - blech!

GrumpyUTboi
11-21-2005, 02:28 PM
WOW! He is that addicted to caffiine, I wonder what type of headache he would get if he went cold turkey?

MammaSilva
11-21-2005, 02:36 PM
WOW! He is that addicted to caffiine, I wonder what type of headache he would get if he went cold turkey?

Ugly ones......trust me :crying:

potterphreak
11-21-2005, 02:36 PM
LOL There are days when he drinks no caffeine whatsoever and I don't think he gets headaches. Let's just say we are all more pleasant with certain things in our system (mine happens to be chocolate :D ) and his is coffee. He usually only drinks one venti drip a day (Starbucks) but since quitting smoking has been a little more....on edge, dare I say? LOL

DangerMouse
11-21-2005, 02:47 PM
I have yet to find a good cup of coffee in or near DL. We bring our own beans, grinder and pot and make coffee in the hotel room. (Yes, we're coffee snobs and Nestle's coffee doesn't cut it!)

sixwoofys
11-21-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm the same way. Ask my Wife. (Although I've never thought of grinding my own beans). That little hotel coffee maker that you get is just silly. And the stuff they brew for you at the little "freebie" breakfast could melt asphalt. By the way, he may not be addicted to caffeine at all. It could be that he just really enjoys a good cup of coffee. I know I do. Just be glad he doesn't have any really annoying habits and/or rituals. My wife is bringing "Instant" and that Cafe' O'leans Swiss Mocha or whatever. We'll see.

rentayenta
11-21-2005, 06:55 PM
You can always bring your own ground beans and order a coffee pot from Mousekeeping at the DLH. Its free and thats what we do. :D

Disneynerd
11-21-2005, 08:02 PM
You can always bring your own ground beans and order a coffee pot from Mousekeeping at the DLH. Its free and thats what we do. :DIs it really called Mousekeeping? I LOVE that.
If you buy a mug at the Market House on Mainstreet USA they will give you a free cup of coffee. I'm not sure how good it is though. I just like my coffee hot and immediatly. Free ain't bad either.:)

potterphreak
11-22-2005, 07:49 AM
Thanks guys, I will forward this to DH and let him decide what to do.

5 days and counting----woooooohooooooooooo!

:D

Disneynerd
11-22-2005, 08:02 AM
Thanks guys, I will forward this to DH and let him decide what to do.

5 days and counting----woooooohooooooooooo!

:DWooooohooooo! Have a great time!!!!!!!!:)

SactoGuy
11-22-2005, 08:28 AM
Theres a coffee shop right next to the emporium... if you walk all the way through the emporium past the watch shop and the ornaments, at the caranation cafe theres coffee. most of it though is just the free dried out of a machine crap from nestle'

stan4d_steph
11-23-2005, 10:48 AM
Baker's Field Bakery in DCA has brewed coffee, including Costa Rican roast and French roast varieties.

evrythngwmn
11-23-2005, 10:55 AM
Baker's Field Bakery in DCA has brewed coffee, including Costa Rican roast and French roast varieties.

Yep they have actual whole beans.

JookyG
11-23-2005, 11:50 AM
I was at DLR two years ago and found coffee carts in both DCA and DLP that served drinkable espresso. If I remember correctly, the on in DCA was near the water across from the Sun Wheel, and the one in DLP was in the Hub near the board that lists attraction wait times. The espresso's comparable to Charbucks but not nearly as good as home-brewed espresso when you do it right. This year I'm bringing my Moka Easy electric espresso maker for use in the hotel room. Forget about the crappy in-room coffee or the warm dishwater the motels serve with the continental "breakfast."

Terri
11-23-2005, 02:43 PM
I was there in May...we stayed at the hotel and found perfectly decent coffee at the coffee house near the pool. I, too, am a snob and yes, I travel with beans,filters, and a grinder. Mousekeeping was very accomodating with a coffee maker. He'll do fine...I promise!:p

Mermaid
11-23-2005, 05:50 PM
Is it really called Mousekeeping? I LOVE that.
If you buy a mug at the Market House on Mainstreet USA they will give you a free cup of coffee. I'm not sure how good it is though. I just like my coffee hot and immediatly. Free ain't bad either.:)
If you buy a cup of coffee and keep your reciept you can get free refills all day long too!!

SeansMom
11-23-2005, 06:54 PM
My husband, who is also a coffee addict, says BRING YOUR OWN. He says he's never found a decent cup of coffee there. I maintain that it is the water, which is awful, so you may want to brew your own with filtered/bottled water, too. Have fun!

Andrew
11-23-2005, 10:44 PM
I maintain that it is the water, which is awful, so you may want to brew your own with filtered/bottled water, too. Have fun!
Disney water has gotten a lot better in the last year or so. For a very long time, it was awful, disgusting, and actually made me ill. Lately however the water in the parks and also at the Disneyland Hotel has been, if not exactly "pure," certainly acceptable. It doesn't leave that awful taste in my mouth or give me that sore throat and headache later that it used to.