PDA

View Full Version : Renewing annual pass after expiration

nsaul1211
11-21-2005, 11:37 AM
Hi there

I was wondering if it is possible to renew annual passes with the 20 dollars off discount after they expire. After going back to school and the holidays coming up it might not be possible financially to renew until January and our passes expire at the end of December.

Thanks in advance! :)

Nick

Dexter
11-21-2005, 11:47 AM
The renewal form states that you must renew your pass before it's expiration date to recieve the $20 discount.

Quick & Easy Renew-By-Mail Steps:
1. Pick your Passport. Remember, Premium Passports include parking. And if you renew at
the Deluxe or Premium level before your current Passport’s expiration date, you’ll save $20!

carolyn
11-21-2005, 12:36 PM
My friend was able to still receive the discount. The CM offered, she didn't ask, but the CM said that she would do it "just this once." I can't remember how long her pass had been expired, not very long though.

Andrew
11-21-2005, 12:37 PM
My friend was able to still receive the discount. The CM offered, she didn't ask, but the CM said that she would do it "just this once." I can't remember how long her pass had been expired, not very long though.
I've gotten the exception (discount after expiration) by asking nicely.

Darkbeer
11-21-2005, 01:22 PM
If you get the exception, a couple of rules apply...

It cannot be more than 30 days past expiraion....

And they WILL BACK-DATE the AP to match last year's expiration date.

But for many folks, it makes more sense to NOT renew, here is a post that talks about the math in regards to the renewal discount...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=48609&highlight=renew

Maus
11-21-2005, 06:52 PM
I renewed my daughter's AP that expired in March at the same time I renewed mine in May by mail. I did receive the discount but I was dismayed to find it was backdated to March! My fault for not paying closer attention on MousePad.

nsaul1211
11-22-2005, 09:43 AM
Thank you all, I greatly appreciate your responses.

I think we might wait until the middle of January to renew our passes, it takes the almost 300 dollar stress off of the holidays as well.

-Nick

audibleatom
11-23-2005, 12:17 PM
If you get the exception, a couple of rules apply...

It cannot be more than 30 days past expiraion....

And they WILL BACK-DATE the AP to match last year's expiration date.

But for many folks, it makes more sense to NOT renew, here is a post that talks about the math in regards to the renewal discount...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=48609&highlight=renew
I did the same and it worked...but i sis ti by mail