PDA

View Full Version : Jan 23-27 2006 - something going on?

gkeep
11-20-2005, 02:18 PM
We are planning a trip for the week of Jan 23-27 2006. I thought this would be a pretty slow time, but I am finding that the hotel prices aren't that good. We went in October of 2004 and had an outstanding rate for the HoJo. but for example - the rate in Jan for the same level room is more than double that rate. I would have thought Jan. would be slower than October?
I was just wondering if something might be going on that I haven't found out about? Or is it just from 5oth crowds? Any input would be appreciated. We don't have to go at that time so if something is going on we can reschedule.
TIA!

K & S
11-20-2005, 02:24 PM
We are planning a trip for the week of Jan 23-27 2006. I thought this would be a pretty slow time, but I am finding that the hotel prices aren't that good. We went in October of 2004 and had an outstanding rate for the HoJo. but for example - the rate in Jan for the same level room is more than double that rate. I would have thought Jan. would be slower than October?
I was just wondering if something might be going on that I haven't found out about? Or is it just from 5oth crowds? Any input would be appreciated. We don't have to go at that time so if something is going on we can reschedule.
TIA!

It could be due to the MLK long weekend.

AaronInCal
11-20-2005, 02:46 PM
Most likely it could be due to the already higher than expected crowds for the 50th going on, so the nearby hotels have raised their rates, expecting that to continue even after Christmas. Already this past fall his been much busier than anyone thought it would be. So there is a good chance the same will happen in the Winter and Spring..