PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks cancelled, instead a back-up show?

Mickey
11-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Ok I was at Disneyland Saturday 19. Fireworks were canceled like other days during the week. I get to see the show many times because I have an annual pass but my family had a long trip to visit Disneyland and watch
the fireworks.

What happens to all those people that plan things out many months before, that have there countdown, and are all ready to see the new show, and suddenly fireworks are cancelled? I mean I know the issues with safety
rules , weather conditions , etc... I insist what happens to the people who waited for that moment for so long?

Why do Disney people have them sitting there for hours, and say "A final decision has not been made" when everyone can catch up probably with fantasmic, or any other ride?

Last night fireworks were not even officialy canceled when I said to my group... THERE WILL BE NO FIREWORKS...why? Because they closed the opening at the top of the Matterhorn where tinkerbell comes out and when I noticed that I thought,... ahhh this is it ...they are cancelled.
And yes 5 min after that the official announcement that the show will not run.How did you feel if you were there?

Im sorry for all the people who waited so much and did not have the chance to see the show.
Dont you think there can be probably a back-up show? Probably a mini musical with some
characters in the castle..something! Any ideas????:confused:

cstephens
11-20-2005, 02:19 PM
What happens to all those people that plan things out many months before, that have there countdown, and are all ready to see the new show, and suddenly fireworks are cancelled? I mean I know the issues with safety rules , weather conditions , etc... I insist what happens to the people who waited for that moment for so long?

You answer your own question and yet you keep insisting on getting a different answer. You acknowledge that Disney has no control over the weather. The people who have been waiting are disappointed, and I completely understand why they would be, but there is nothing Disney can do about it. I'm sure they'd prefer to run the fireworks rather than have disappointed guests. Characters in the castle certainly wouldn't replace the fireworks and would do nothing for guests not within easy viewing of the castle.

I don't have an idea for a replacement. It's just a luck-of-the-draw thing. Disney has no influence with Mother Nature.

Mickey
11-20-2005, 02:32 PM
You answer your own question and yet you keep insisting on getting a different answer. You acknowledge that Disney has no control over the weather. The people who have been waiting are disappointed, and I completely understand why they would be, but there is nothing Disney can do about it. I'm sure they'd prefer to run the fireworks rather than have disappointed guests. I don't have an idea for a replacement. It's just a luck-of-the-draw thing. Disney has no influence with Mother Nature.

SORRY SORRY, Actually the "question stuff" is like thinking out load and writing it. I know that fireworks don't have replacement, but hey let's get creative.

The main question of the thread is.. any ideas for a back-up show when fireworks are cancelled?

DianeM
11-20-2005, 04:06 PM
I actually did think about it. The problem is scale. Nothing is as big as the fireworks. A laser light show could come close, but that has to be shown against clouds or a mist, and that's hard to come by in windy weather. Anything smaller would cause more problems than it solves. Imagine the trouble if people realized that there was a show they could barely see at the castle? They've been waiting for hours, and they're tense and excitable, and they want to see the show, so they push forward. Kids could get crushed. Heck, adults have been crushed when crowds weren't properly controlled, and there would be no way of controlling the crowds if there was a show at the castle. I think it's just the luck of the draw. If you don't want crowds, visit during the fall. If you want to see fireworks without risk of cancellation due to the Santa Ana winds or rain, visit during the summer.

SORRY SORRY, Actually the "question stuff" is like thinking out load and writing it. I know that fireworks don't have replacement, but hey let's get creative.

The main question of the thread is.. any ideas for a back-up show when fireworks are cancelled?

pisces
11-20-2005, 05:26 PM
This happened a lot during extensive rains and inclement (foul?) weather, last year.

Lots of frustrated guests......heading towards City Hall.......to do what?---I'm not sure.

I think when both the parades and fireworks are cancelled....City Hall gives some sort of ....something....(free passes to come back another day???).

But, I think they only do that for one-day park goers from out-of-town, and only if both parade and fireworks get cancelled. I don't know, I'm only basing this on what I overheard frustrated one-day/out-of-town Park goers saying.....as they marched angrily toward City Hall.

Another Dimension
11-20-2005, 06:56 PM
I don't have an idea for a replacement.

I think because Rememeber closes down ToonTown (for the rest of the night) and so many other Disneyland attractions are temporarily closed by Remember.. that those closed-attracrtion CM's should take to the streets of Disneyland and perform a dance number or just dance around around randomly festive-like with all the disappointed Guests, before the snowfall and until Guest Control has removed all the ropes and the attraction leads have reopened the closed attractions.

A cancelled Remember should spark a spontaneous dancing show in the pathways all over Disneyland with closed-attractions CM's leading the street party... ;)

Yeah!

twist1980
11-20-2005, 07:06 PM
A cancelled Remember should spark a spontaneous dancing show in the pathways all over Disneyland with closed-attractions CM's leading the street party... ;)

Yeah!

Sounds good to me! A nice festive dance party is just what they need to cheer everyone up! I'll make sure to start one if fireworks are cancelled while I'm there! :p

mi_mous
11-20-2005, 08:40 PM
They did say that the fireworks were cancelled, and in leiu of fireworks, a magical holiday snowfall would be happening.. I guess to make up for it?? But, that is what they did when they cancelled the fireworks last week.

chrisaustx
11-20-2005, 11:30 PM
Tonight 11/20, Sunday the fireworks were cancelled, the announcer did not say cancelled, just the lights came on and the snow started flowing like a blizzard. No mention of the fireworks were made after. So the back up show is to flood the place with "snow" soap suds to try to make people forget the fireworks didn't go off.