PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland/DCA 11-18-05

Spaceman210
11-20-2005, 10:07 AM
Perfect weather, crowds actually less than I feared, enough to get in a full day of attr's w/15-30 min waits, only using FP for Indy (booked out on Space Mtn.) Excellent food and service at the DCA Vineyard. Trivia learned, the DCA Bakers Field Bakery (in the silver train) roasts all the coffee beans for both parks, and they do 100 lbs per day. The parade was spectacular, best float character animation I can recall, as was Fantasmic! with the minor critique of some unconnected theme elements.

If some of you have bypassed the Dept. 56 store in Downtown D., GO SEE! Their displays of holiday miniature animated villages are incredible.

Annoyances: all the bilingual audio; excessive volume level in some attr's.; a few sour-faced CM's with irritated and surly responses, most obviously untrained in any sense of Disney magic. If even the clerks at my Wal-Mart can remain uniformly friendly and smiling making min wage, these folks should be asked to PUT ON A DISNEY FACE AND TONE OF VOICE, OR LEAVE AND GO HERD CATTLE ON A FARM. It's a sad day when every guest encounter was more friendly than with some of the CM's. Management, are you listening? ARE YOU TRAINING???