PDA

View Full Version : Great price on flights from SEA to John Wayne

hlbtimes2
11-20-2005, 08:40 AM
Just thought I would share the great rate on flights from Seattle to John Wayne. As of this morning, you can fly round trip for $173 ($195 with taxes) round trip, through travelocity.com. Looks like they have lots of dates between now and about June, maybe July. Not only are there a lot of dates open, but multiple flights a day, not just the odd times that nobody wants. LOL I think I'm going to book for early May. Gotta take advantage of the under $200 rate when I can!

Mommy2NicknMax
11-21-2005, 06:06 AM
Very cool! Thanks for posting this! :)

My family is relocating to CA this spring and DH just informed me that I will need to take another "trip" to CA to find us a new place to live. LOL, he says I get to go b/c I'm the only one with an AP. So he knows I'll be going to DL in the evenings. Maybe with low fares like this I can go more than once? :~D

hlbtimes2
11-21-2005, 08:27 AM
My 2 friend and I are booking a trip for May- just us girls! We are going to take a 3 day weekend with out husbands and kids and enjoy ourselves. I'm going to book our airfare today, and we'll book our hotel later.

annieb727
11-21-2005, 10:28 AM
wow! that's awesome!! we already bought our tickets, (got to Ontario) for $216 each with taxes...maybe it's time to think about a trip back there early spring!!

Starch
11-21-2005, 01:55 PM
Be wary of Alaska Airlines.

They cancelled both of our flights (there and back), each time with no advance notice, each time for a "mechanical." A mechanical is any cancellation or delay for which there isn't an excuse (like weather, or air traffic delays). It might be because of a mechanical problem, or maybe they just want to combine flights so the planes will be full.

On the way down (SEA to John Wayne) it wasn't a big deal: we got on another flight 1 1/2 hours later, and it went on time.

On the way back, they put us on a bus and drove us to LAX. After various misadventures and confusion ("the bus is waiting for you downstairs," "the bus is on its way," etc.), we arrived at 1:00 am, seven hours after scheduled departure, with a very tired 8-year-old.

hlbtimes2
11-21-2005, 10:11 PM
The cheap flights are on United.

I'm officially going to DL in May! We have only been back for 5 weeks, and I'm already planning again. Now I'm really kicking myself for not changing my hopper in to an A/P- but I guess by time I bought a blockout ticket, I wouldnt have saved that much.

Now we just need to agree on a hotel and we'll be all set. I'm all for 3 "c's"- close, clean and cheap! The other 2 women I'm going with want more then that.

I Heart Disneyland!
11-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Gotta take advantage of the under $200 rate when I can!

Thank you so much! Us northwesterners have to watch each other's backs! :D