PDA

View Full Version : Dec 27th or Jan 2nd

cpeak
11-19-2005, 09:27 AM
Okay, disaster has struck. As I write this I should be on my way to Disneyland, but my 3 year old broke her arm two days ago and was just released fromt he hospital. Luckily we were able to cancel the reservations without being charged anything. The next break I have from work will either be the week of DEC. 27th (her birthday) or JAN. 2nd. We were there last year on the 27th and know how busy it is. What about the other week? Also our tickets say the first visit must occur by Jan. 2nd. That means that if we go the the 2nd we will be okay?

Also, when does the Reindeer Roundup end. This was something I was really looking forward to doing. And may play a part as to when we reschedule.
Thanks

JeffG
11-19-2005, 09:45 AM
It is a safe bet that the week of 1/2 will be substantially less busy than the week of 12/27, which is traditionally the park's busiest week of the year. I don't know for certain, but it is fairly likely that the Raindeer Round-up and most of the other Christmas activities will still be running on the 2nd (which is a Sunday), but that will likely be the last day.

-Jeff

pisces
11-19-2005, 11:31 AM
Jan 2 is a Monday, and it's a legal Holiday. That whole week Jan 2-6 is weird this year. I believe the Rose Bowl is being played on Jan 4, and the Rose Parade is on the 2nd---so that week seems very Holiday-ish to me.

However, if you do go on Jan 2.......that is the very last day for the Electrical Parade, the Christmas Fantasy Parade, and the special snow.

You'd be cutting it very close. If you, for whatever reason, can't be at those special events, if it rains, or for whatever reason....those things are cancelled.....you don't have any other days in which to catch them.

At least if you go on Dec. 27....you will have many days ahead of you to catch the parades etc... and see them over and over again.