PDA

View Full Version : Company D shopping pass for November?

KarenW2
11-18-2005, 05:37 PM
A friend of mine received a ticket from a CM friend, for 2 people to shop at Company D. I know it's the store the CM's shop at, but any idea what kinds of things they have there? Is it similar to the Character Warehouse or better?

It's only for the month of November, so Sunday is the only day we can go.

Any ideas of what I'll see there?

WITron
11-18-2005, 08:26 PM
I owuld have to say better only because they have CM exclusive merchandise. The rest of the merchandise is alot like the Character Warehouse. My favorite memory of Company D was getting tickets to the All Star game at Anaheim Stadium in 1989. You put your name in for a drawing and the names drawn were allowed to purchase tickets. Unfortunately my name was not drawn. So the day that the left over tickets went on sale I got there bright and early and picked up the last set of tickets to the game.

stan4d_steph
11-19-2005, 06:46 AM
Any ideas of what I'll see there?Lots of clothing, pins, watches, posters. Take a good look around at everything! I think the CM exclusives, like lanyards and pins, are only available to CMs for purchase, at least that was the case the last time I was in there a couple of years ago.

I love Peter Pan
11-19-2005, 07:01 AM
Where is Company D?

tod
11-19-2005, 08:22 AM
Where is Company D?

Backstage.

JeffG
11-19-2005, 09:41 AM
Actually it isn't backstage any more. It is in an industrial park about a mile or so away from the park.

I've had a couple opportunities to visit it in the past. Much like the character warehouse, you have to search through a bunch of junk that nobody wanted to find a few gems, but they did have some decent items that were either dated (such as they had Haunted Mansion Holiday merchandise from the previous year) or that were simply overstocked. The prices tended to be rock bottom, even compared to the character warehouse.

If you have the chance to visit and the time available, it is probably worth it.

-Jeff

AVP
11-19-2005, 12:12 PM
I was there last weekend, and the selection was pretty comparable to the Character Warehouse. There were some great deals that the Character Warehouse does not carry - a bunch of "Big Figs" and snowglobes for 75% off, some apparel that is still in the park. They had a LOT of pins on sale, which you won't find at the local warehouse store, although I understand the locations further from Disneyland do offer a selection of pins. On the other hand, some of the things they had at Company D were more expensive than I'd just found at the outlet, including a purse that was $20 at Company D and $10 at the outlet, and a Belle costume that was $15 less at the outlet.

AVP

KarenW2
11-20-2005, 04:09 PM
Well, I met my girlfriend at Company D and we went shopping. A much smaller room than I expected, smaller than the warehouse and not very much I was interested in, unfortunately.

My girlfriend bought nothing and I bought 4 things - a paperback color photo book, "Disneyland Resort - A Pictorial Souvenir" (orig. $8.95, now $4), a hardback color photo book, "Disneyland Resort - Magical Memories for a Lifetime" (orig. $21.95, now $10), one of the retro Disneyland Bingo games for playing in the car (orig. $5.00, now $2.50) and a Hollywood Tower Hotel deck of cards (orig. $4, now $1.25). Total - $39.90 orig., now $17.75, plus tax, for a whopping $19.13!!

Looked at the little area on the CM-only side and saw several pins I was interested in, but she said I couldn't buy them. She said I could buy some of the other things there, mostly all clothing, but nothing there came home with me either.

They had lots of the golden vehicle pins, some 2005 number pins, Mickey & Minnie Thanksgiving plush, other plush, sweatshirts, t-shirts, etc., but nothing I wanted or needed.

All in all, I felt the mystique of Company D outweighed the actuality of Company D. But maybe it's like the warehouse - sometimes you find lots of things you like, other times, there's nothing you want. At least I had a good time visiting with my friend!