PDA

View Full Version : Possible Future CM

I love Peter Pan
11-18-2005, 03:09 PM
I think I really want to go to the University of Fullerton so I can become a part-time CM. So I guess this is a question for the present and past CMs, do or did you like it? Is it worth it?

garrett240
11-18-2005, 07:18 PM
When i worked there, it was fun for a couple of years.

However.... with what I've been hearing on boards from CM's, it sounds like most CM's are working 40+ hours / week. Even people who are "part-time" are being scheduled for 40 hours right now. Also, a lot of CM's who have posted on boards state the DL isn't working with their school schedules right now. Maybe in the future (after New Year's) they will do better, but who can say for sure.

chrisaustx
11-18-2005, 11:13 PM
Hello, I am a student at Cal State Fullerton and pass by the Disneyland Resort daily in my travels. #1-Traffic is terrible durning commute hours and it takes cast members almost 30 min. to get to and from the cast member parking lot. So plan on a 1 hour commute during the day, which would allow you time to park. #2 The pay at Disneyland is terrible, I knew a classmate at Cal State Fullerton who had worked at DLR for 2 years, he made $11 an hour. So if you are willing to put up with terrible traffic, parking delays and low pay, then you may like working at the DLR. I am a working for a contractor of Walt Disney Imagineering, we are working on the new Monsters ride. When our guys have to go to Disneyland during the day, it takes them at least an hour to drive 15 miles and get inside disneyland during commute hours. So just try going to Disneyland on the weekdays and see if you can deal with the traffic.