PDA

View Full Version : Special Trip Report Nov 9-11

lauramaynot
11-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Hello everybody, I am finally getting around to posting a TR now that most of the laundry is done and the kids homework is mostly caught up. We had been planning this trip for most of this year. Our good friends were coming down from Seattle to go on their first disneyland vacation with us and with work committments and house issues it got pushed back four times! But we finally got our stuff together and made it happen.

Who: Me, DH, DD, DS1, DS2, and our DF's - husband, wife, and their three kids 7, 5, and 1

Wednesday November 9th - We met our DF's at the ontario airport. We had rented a 12 passenger van and that was soooo fun! On our way to check into our hotel we of course had to stop at in-n-out for burgers and shakes. YUM! We stayed at the Sheraton just across from the M&F parking structure and were very pleased with the clean rooms and very lucious bedding. By the time we got to the park, we decided we would try to knock out DCA first since it closed at 6pm. We got fast passes and then walked around. DF's were impressed with the scenery, loved Soarin, GRR, and Screamin'. We stopped for dinner at Taste Pilots, had chicken sandwiches and bbq ribs. Then we headed for DL. We only had two hours until closing so we of course wanted to see mainstreet with no other expectations, but crowds were very low and so we hit pirates, HM, and Splash.

Thursday November 10th - crowds again low, we spent the entire day at DL. We rode everything except 9 rides (one was small world which was still closed and the rest mostly in Toon Town) We ate lunch at the blue bayou and shared four different plates. It was very fun - love that monte cristo! We wore the kids out and carried three of them to the tram. Hit carl's jr since the kids were asleep and went back to our hotel.

Friday November 11th - OK we were expecting alot of people but this was insane. We spent the morning doing everything that we wanted to hit again. Then at five o'clock I parked it at the hub. We were lucky enough to grab a bench next to the partners statue and since our one year old was tired and two of the kids DID NOT want to ride TT again, I sat with the kids and DH took everyone else over to DCA. We had no idea the park was to capacity and luckily they were all able to get back for the fireworks show. I enjoy my people watching and it was interesting to hear the people getting angry that there was no where to sit at a quarter past six. It was also cool from my vantage point that the people that were moving through the hub in round about fashion were going so slowly that they appeared to be floating almost as if on a conveyor belt. The show was incredible, I have seen it many times but this was the first time I saved prime real estate and it was totally worth it. When the show was over my DF's commented on the amazing janitorial staff at the park, who within minutes had the whole area spotless. As we sat at coke corner for our last dinner of hot dogs and hot coco, I think they finally understood my obsession with the park - nobody wanted to leave!

What I learned: Planning can make you crazy! we planned more for this trip than ever before and in the end it didn't really matter. Having fun was priority #1. The park looks different to those who have never been before. BF1 couldn't believe her eyes when we walked into mainstreet on that first night. She said it was so magical and better than she had ever expected. Take time to look at all the little details. Going often you sometimes forget about things like the eyeballs on the wall paper in the HM, or the fact that the trash cans and bathrooms are all part of the experiance. Our friends will definately be going with us again and I personally can't wait to take them!

hlbtimes2
11-18-2005, 02:04 PM
What I learned: Planning can make you crazy! we planned more for this trip than ever before and in the end it didn't really matter. Having fun was priority #1. !

We learned that on our Oct. trip. My planning, that should have made things better, actually just made us stressed. It took us a couple days to figure that out! Next time- no planning. We'll just go with the flow and have fun.

Crazy4DL
11-19-2005, 05:42 AM
We learned that on our Oct. trip. My planning, that should have made things better, actually just made us stressed. It took us a couple days to figure that out! Next time- no planning. We'll just go with the flow and have fun.

I have to agree with this assessment too. We travel with such a large group that there has to be a bit of planning, of course, but less planning and more going with the flow would be more relaxing.

Actually, the planning is fun, so we could plan plan plan and then just scrap it as we board the planes. :D ;)

Crazy4DL
11-19-2005, 05:43 AM
Great trip report lauramaynot! Sounds like such fun to meet up with friends and then have such a good time. Thanks for sharing. :)

shawnarae
11-19-2005, 12:30 PM
Great report!