PDA

View Full Version : "Secret" you are so happy to know...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

jazzysmom
11-17-2005, 08:38 PM
I was wondering if there is a Disneyland secret or insider tidbit, that you are so happy to have learned and benefited from?

I loved learning that I could go into the fire station and ask for recipes, and they get out the book, and already have copies made of most of the recipes for the food you love in the park!

(Of course they don't have the corn dog recipe, so if any of you out there have it, I will send you a big smooch if you fork it over!)

So do tell, what do you love that you know and not everyone else does???

tinklover25
11-17-2005, 09:47 PM
wow that is really cool. I had no idea! thanks for sharing. I wish I had something to add but great idea for a thread!

11-18-2005, 03:26 AM
Not a "secret" but a trick I learned from reading MousePad ...

Share portions. Servings at DLR restaurants are generous.

That's what we did. It worked wonderfully. So thanks, MousePad!

TDBearGrrl
11-18-2005, 03:31 AM
Kids meals are enough food for an adult

geoffa
11-18-2005, 03:55 AM
I was wondering if there is a Disneyland secret or insider tidbit, that you are so happy to have learned and benefited from?

I loved learning that I could go into the fire station and ask for recipes, and they get out the book, and already have copies made of most of the recipes for the food you love in the park!

(Of course they don't have the corn dog recipe, so if any of you out there have it, I will send you a big smooch if you fork it over!)

So do tell, what do you love that you know and not everyone else does???

Try this:

1 cup corn meal
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons melted shortening
1 pound frankfurters
Wooden skewers

1. Mix corn meal with flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add egg and milk; blend in melted shortening. Mix well.
2. Skewer frankfurters and dip in batter. Stand skewer-side up and fry in deep-fat fryer at 350*F (175*C) until golden brown, about 2 or 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.

Makes 8 servings.

And my secrets:

Fast Pass - although Disney claim you can only hold one fastpass at a time that's not strictly true. Say you got one for Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin for 10:15 to 11:15 Slot. You now have an hour to go on the Toon ride. However, in the first five minutes of that particular time slot, go and get your second ride Fastpass - say for Splash Mountain. This is possible because the computer only monitors distribution ignoring whether you've used the first Fastpass or not. One other thing if you are a group - get ONE person to get all the Fastpasses rather than you all doing it. It's faster and saves time for doing other things.

2. During the first hour that the park is open CMs on the Indiana Jones ride will use a line management technique known as "stacking". This means that they allow the line for the ride to form OUTSIDE the attraction, leaving the inside queuing area empty! Guests assume the ride is busy on seeing the outside line and move on or go get Fastpass. The reality is the ride is not as busy as it looks and is probably as short as it will be all day. Check if "stacking" is happening by having a look at the inside line area and, if so, join the line with an approx 30 - 40 minute wait. :) :rolleyes: :)

Mommy2NicknMax
11-18-2005, 06:04 AM
Something I read here about Early Entry mornings. Before the park opens, instead of waiting in the LONG lines to get in, go to the "Early Entry" line and wait for opening time. The "EE" line turns into a regular entry line at opening and there is little wait time to get in. Of course this worked like a charm in August (thank you to the Padder who posted this!) but I don't know if that still works now.

seattlemouse
11-18-2005, 01:14 PM
If it's a busy day and you park in the garage and already have a ticket to get into the park or an AP, go to the monorail station instead of the main entry gate to DL. MUCH quicker to go through security and check you ticket to get in. And a fun monorail ride to boot.

Niwel
11-18-2005, 01:20 PM
SM secret (shhh): When the line splits -- go the one that isn't moving. Since they take turns, if you go in the moving one, you will have to stop, the other one will continue on. Again, this only works if you time it right...

NOS secret: If they aren't using the area for the WiWF tour, the Disney Gallery has tables/chairs in a pretty quiet area if you need to take a break. :)

Crazy4DL
11-18-2005, 02:27 PM
Something I read here about Early Entry mornings. Before the park opens, instead of waiting in the LONG lines to get in, go to the "Early Entry" line and wait for opening time. The "EE" line turns into a regular entry line at opening and there is little wait time to get in. Of course this worked like a charm in August (thank you to the Padder who posted this!) but I don't know if that still works now.

I read this one here and tried it this last August. Worked great! :D

I love Peter Pan
11-18-2005, 02:32 PM
What we've learned is, if you want VERY minimal wait times on most rides (especially Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and Big Thunder), go during the first showing of Fantasmic, or go during the fireworks if you've alredy seen them during your trip (or if you don't mind missing them, but I'd see then atleast once a trip because they're amaizing!)

Micki0624
11-18-2005, 03:09 PM
Most people don't know that you can sit in the fire truck to watch a parade. I also like that there is no experation time for Fastpass.

jazzysmom
11-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Most people don't know that you can sit in the fire truck to watch a parade. I also like that there is no experation time for Fastpass.
What do you mean there is no exeperation time for the Fastpass? Please explain. Thanks!

Mark Goldhaber
11-18-2005, 07:51 PM
My current favorite secret: The seat contours in the new Space Mountain vehicles are loosely based on the bucket seats in George McGinnis' Nissan Maxima. (Shhhhhh, don't tell Honda!) ;)

Darkbeer
11-18-2005, 08:07 PM
What do you mean there is no exeperation time for the Fastpass? Please explain. Thanks!

The official policy of Disneyland is to honor FASTPASSes from the starting time to the end of the operating day, you can show up after the printed ending time, and they will allow you in (on the same day).

I have mentioned this for years in my "Joy of FASTPASS" guide that has been posted here, and now is part of the plans in the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland starting with the 2005 version.

jazzysmom
11-18-2005, 08:11 PM
The official policy of Disneyland is to honor FASTPASSes from the starting time to the end of the operating day, you can show up after the printed ending time, and they will allow you in (on the same day).

I have mentioned this for years in my "Joy of FASTPASS" guide that has been posted here, and now is part of the plans in the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland starting with the 2005 version.
Thank you so much for responding, that is wonderful to know!

dldhistory
11-19-2005, 09:55 AM
Watch Fantasmic and as soon as it is over make your way to POTC... ride it and when you come out all the crowds are gone...

geoffa
11-19-2005, 11:04 AM
Another secret (even if it is obvious!):
If you'd like to meet Mickey in a more private setting and spend a little extra time with him then go to his Toontown House where he greets guests in the movie barn at the back. For the shortest wait get there as soon as Toontown opens.

Nancy
11-19-2005, 06:31 PM

It depends on who the CM is. I mistakenly got into a early entry line once, the park opened at 10am and the time was 9:55 and an elderly tall white haired male CM yelled at us and made us get in another line (that took 45 minutes to get in!!!) when he saw we had AP's!! My kids still see him and remember what a piece of work he was! BTW, that was my first experence with an AP hater.:crying: If I had regular passes I would have stood there for 5 minutes, but I didn't want to risk them maybe taking our AP"S from us.

Bolivar
11-19-2005, 08:15 PM
There are AP hater? Why?

Disneymomma
11-19-2005, 08:26 PM
Great secrets-more, more!!

pigletfreak
11-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Eventhough the fastpasses have from time a to time b, it is good all day long. Cool, huh? So there really is no rush to use it.

tink360
11-19-2005, 09:51 PM
It depends on who the CM is. I mistakenly got into a early entry line once, the park opened at 10am and the time was 9:55 and an elderly tall white haired male CM yelled at us and made us get in another line (that took 45 minutes to get in!!!) when he saw we had AP's!! My kids still see him and remember what a piece of work he was! BTW, that was my first experence with an AP hater.:crying: If I had regular passes I would have stood there for 5 minutes, but I didn't want to risk them maybe taking our AP"S from us.

Oooh he sounds mean! Where are the EE lines situated? I have never noticed them, it might help to have some idea of the layout when there are lines so long & packed full of people (I'm kinda near sighted so reading the sign from way far out is an issue).

GrumpyUTboi
11-20-2005, 05:47 AM
On the hot summer days at DL there are some air vents from POTC along the brick wall by the River. It was extremely hot on day and we were tired and so we sat down in front of the air vent and was cooled down. The only problem was as we were sitting there a HUGE rat was in the flower area and when it noticed us it ran into a hole by one of the vents.

sixwoofys
11-20-2005, 08:18 AM
do you know where the hidden Mickey is in the Golden Horseshoe? It's one of my favorite "secrets".

Nancy
11-20-2005, 08:42 AM
There are AP hater? Why?

With the exception of the CM I mentioned, I have always had wonderful CM helping us when we need help. But some of them don't like APers because of a handful of them who feel that since they have annual passes and go alot, they are privilaged or something. They are rude to CM's and give the rest of us a bad name.