PDA

View Full Version : No Fireworks 11/16/06 :(

BQ2
11-17-2005, 07:43 PM
Noah & I were at Disneyland all day on the the 16th. (very beautiful Christmas decorations by the way) Anyway, were waiting atop of mickey & friends parking lot untill 8:00pm but no fireworks! We went down stairs and asked people exiting the tram and they said they were "canceled"

Any one know why? :confused:

Thanks,
Bill & Noah

TowerofTerror
11-17-2005, 08:00 PM
IT was canceled on tuesday too due to the high winds when I was at the park.

Another Dimension
11-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Announced cancellation reason:

"Prevailing high winds over the Magic Kingdom".

I was about 20 feet in front of the Tomorrowland sign when they were cancelled on Wednesday. Then headed straight to Buzz after the unfortunate announcement and the expected crowd groan.
From what it sounded like (or I should say didn't sound like), Remember was cancelled tonight also (11/17). I can't confirm tonight's cancellation, I just didn't hear them when I was out in the backyard earlier.

Where I am in Anaheim (3 miles away from DL), we didn't have any high winds today like we did Tuesday & Wednesday here and at Disneyland. But I'm not sure how DL was today or tonight based on the wind... other than really warm n dry for November like it was here.

AaronInCal
11-17-2005, 08:12 PM
The fireworks did go off tonight, just 15 minutes late, at 8pm. They came one several times again tonight saying they may be cancelled, then at 7:45 said they were delayed. Then they began at 8:00! It was very obvious about what they mean about "winds at higher elevations" as well tonight. There was no apparent wind at ground level in the park, like is usual. But maybe 100 feet up, the wind was blowing pretty good out of the Northeast. The higher launched fireworks were moving at a good clip one they exploded. After seeing that, I was surprised they even had the show after all. Be ready for the show to get cancelled tomorrow night again though.. We are supposed to have another blast of the winds tonight through Saturday morning...

mi_mous
11-19-2005, 06:58 PM
We had family from out of town, and we were there the 15th-18th.. Thursday we had prior plans, thinking we would be able to catch the fireworks.. and they were delayed, but we couldn't catch them. So, our family left without seeing the fireworks, and after we sat down reserving a spot for about 6 hours total on both days we were reserving spots! It was frustrating, but we all understood that even Disneyland can't control the weather circumstances.