PDA

View Full Version : Residence Inn Maingate- Walk or ART

Rteneyck
11-17-2005, 12:42 PM
We are staying at the Residence Inn maingate from Dec 7 - 9. I have never stayed at this property before and my question is if it is walking distance or do we need to take the ART? Also, how much is the parking per day? This might be better than buying the ART pass since there are 4 of us and may give us a little more flexibility.

Andrew
11-17-2005, 12:52 PM
The Residence Inn is at 1700 S Clementine (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1700+South+Clementine+Street,+Anaheim,+CA+9 2802&ll=33.806895,-117.909951&spn=0.015956,0.035714&t=h&hl=en) or roughly the corner of Clementine and Disney Way. The walking distance from the hotel to the east Esplanade entrance is about half a mile, so ART is probably not necessary.

stan4d_steph
11-17-2005, 01:17 PM
Parking costs $10 for cars.

hefferdude
11-18-2005, 09:15 AM
Sorry for the late post. I'm searching for online AP renewal and saw this. We have stayed at the RI many times. Great place. Stayed in an "exception suite" last time. Pretty big! Had all our group over for spaghetti one nite.

Its about 3/4 mile from the RI to the front gate at DL. Not a bad walk if you are fresh. Problem was coming back. Tired and just wanna go swim. The stretch along Disney Way is 1/3 of a mile straight shot alone without a break. Which can be very discouraging if its a hot and windless day.

The ART is great but fills up quickly as the RI is one of the last stops on the way to DL. So be out at the stop early if you use ART. I've seen people have to wait for the next bus. RI has also run out of ART passes late in the day.

We have also taken our van from RI to park at M&F parking garage. That has worked well as your parking stub is good for the entire day so you can come and go as your schedule demands.:)

sixwoofys
11-21-2005, 02:59 AM
ART used to be good. We have stayed at the Radisson Maingate (Harbor) for at least the past10 years. Not anymore though. The walk is getting to be too much for us. (4 kids under 6 years old). And ART is no real help either. Strollers are a REAL pain and now you have to pay for the thing (the trolley used to be free with hotel stay). They get WAYYY too full at times and you may have to wait for another. I can't tell you how many times we gave up waiting and just started walking anyway. The best way for us is to stay within REAL walking distance to the park. I don't enjoy crossing all those side streets either. The traffic (and drivers) can get crazy at times. It may not be too bad if your hotel is on the same side of harbor as Disneyland is. At least you won't have to cross harbor. They need to put in one of those pedestrian bridges that go over Harbor BLVD. It is WAYY to dangerous crossing. I can't believe Disney peeps havn't done anything about that yet. Please be careful crossing streets going to and/or fro. There are nice people whose lives have been changed forever in an instant while crossing streets on there way to the park. The last one was like a whole family except dad I think. Little kids and all (I think 3 were hit along with mom) who tried to throw her body between the attacking/speeding vehicle and her little children at the last second. Sadly, they were not the first family and probably won't be the last.

SandraVB79
11-21-2005, 04:43 AM
In front of the IHOP on Harbor there is a cross-walk. If you wait until the light is green, you can safely cross.

I have never felt unsafe crossing Harbor, but that can be because as a European, I am used to "walk". I have no car, I always walk here at home, and also on vacation.
I mean, Americans are more used to take the car everywhere, so when you do something less often, it feels less safe (I don't feel safe when I'm IN a car)

heidiwhr
11-21-2005, 05:12 AM
We always have a rental car and either buy our park passes through AAA to get free parking in the M&F garage or just bite th ebullet and pay $10 a day to park there - if we are not staying onsite. The convenience of parking in the garage (stroller, come and go as you please) far outweighs the cost for us.