PDA

View Full Version : This Saturday or Dec. 3rd.?

vincemom1
11-17-2005, 10:38 AM
I need help picking a date for my Disneyland trip. Luckily, I live locally so I can go anytime. I was planning on this weekend, but with the heat (85 degrees) I will not be in the holiday spirit very much.
What about Dec. 3rd? I know this is the CandleLight Presentation, but how will the crowds be on the rides?
Any ideas? Thanks
Angie

TowerofTerror
11-17-2005, 11:16 AM
it should be okay but I'm sure your better off going this weekend since the crowds wont be so bad December 3rd the lines for ride will be pretty bad.

DangerMouse
11-17-2005, 12:54 PM
it should be okay but I'm sure your better off going this weekend since the crowds wont be so bad December 3rd the lines for ride will be pretty bad.

Yeah, what Tower said. . . .

Is it really going to be 85 degrees? In November? Wow. I thought that only happened in Phoenix.

I would chose the 85 degree heat over the mega crowds expected for the Candlelight Processional. Just dress in shorts and a t-shirt and be sure to ride on Splash and GRR! JMO!

Dis Ohana
11-17-2005, 08:13 PM
I'm there Dec. 5, do you think the crowds at the park will still be very heavy?

potzbie
11-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Rule of thumb:
Don't go on a SATURDAY IF you can go SUNDAY or FRIDAY.

The crowds are always maximum on a Saturday.
If you have flexibility, then use it.

Can you get there after work (5:00) on a Friday?
You get all the best features which are dark Monday thru Thursday, yet lighter crowds, as compared to SAT./SUN.

I assume you can't swing the early morning week day entrance. Right?

I was at DL at 1:00 on a week day, just last week, and there were no crowds, no lines.
The only way to fly!

friendlypixie
11-17-2005, 11:08 PM
Just a couple of weeks ago I went on friday with someone and saturday with someone else and the two days were exactly the same. The park didnt seem anymore crowded on saturday and all the wait times were exactly the same. I was really suprised but since its the 50th fridays are just as crowded as saturdays this year, I should know I go every friday. I am actually going this saturday with a friend and am expecting it to be pretty crowded but I went on the 11th and I hardly believe its going to be anything like that day (full to capacity).

AVP
11-17-2005, 11:40 PM
Candlelight Saturday is going to be an absolute circus, and *I* would not go that day if I were not going for Candlelight.

AVP

TowerofTerror
11-17-2005, 11:49 PM
I say go on Sunday instead of Saturday. The park is open until Midnight and shouldn't be too bad since the next day is a Monday and people have to go to work the next day.

friendlypixie
11-18-2005, 12:42 AM
The candlelight processional is on the 3rd and the 4th. So those two days are probably going to be really bad.

AZDisneyDan
11-18-2005, 09:44 AM
My favaorite was the fast pass tip of collecting them all morning and not using them until the afternoon and evening when it's most crowded and instead ride them stand by earlier in the day when the lines are shorter. You get way more trip on Splash and Space and Indiana Jones, etc this way. Disney does not care about you missing your return time so you can have a fast pass with a return time of 11:00AM to 12:00PM and use it at 8:00PM at night!!

vincemom1
11-18-2005, 10:02 AM
Thanks for all the advice. We are going this Saturday. My son can't miss school on Monday so Sunday is out. I know will be lighter crowds than going on Dec. 3rd.
Thanks for the help.

Angie