PDA

View Full Version : ART Shuttle help

msgmg68
11-17-2005, 06:40 AM
Hi! We will FINALLY arrive at DL on Sunday! I have heard that the ART really stinks and that we should think about taking a taxi or city bus. Any thoughts or suggestions? I assume a taxi would be really expensive, especially since we are going to be in the park 4-5 days.

By the way, we are staying at the Homewood Suites on Harbor and Chapman. Apparently, there are only 3 stops on this route, so maybe it won't be so bad????:confused:

DangerMouse
11-17-2005, 09:47 AM
I would give the ART a try. I doesn't stink, unless you're stuck sitting next to an overly flatulent person. ;)

Some people (like me) just prefer to stay close enough to walk, so that you aren't having to deal with the ART schedule and can come and go from the parks at your leisure.

I think you'll appreciate the ART, especially its price compared to a taxi. :p

msgmg68
11-17-2005, 10:06 AM
Thanks, I think we'll give ART a try.

Darkbeer
11-17-2005, 11:11 AM
I have ridden ART a few times, and never had a problem.

The Hotel Front Desk should have the current schedule, so you will know when to arrive and not wait long.

The ART has a discounted price for a 5 day pass.

http://www.rideart.org/

msgmg68
11-17-2005, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the advice and the link, Darkbeer!

tinker3
11-17-2005, 11:41 AM
We had great luck with the ART a few weeks ago. We also stayed at the Homewood suites and while we were there we only had one other stop. One night we had done a lot of shopping and decided to take a taxi back to the hotel (the bags alone would have taken up 3 seats) and it was $8. From what I understand (from the taxi driver) most surrounding hotels are $8 doesn't matter if you are 1/2 mile or 2 miles away. Have fun!

msgmg68
11-17-2005, 11:46 AM
Tinker,

Thanks so much for your input! I figured it would be costly for a taxi.

I spoke to the friend who advised me against ART and they had trouble with it being too full and having to wait a long time for a shuttle with room available. Hopefully, like you said, there is only one other stop after Homewood, so maybe I'll get lucky!

MauiMickey
11-17-2005, 04:58 PM
Tinker,

Thanks so much for your input! I figured it would be costly for a taxi.

I spoke to the friend who advised me against ART and they had trouble with it being too full and having to wait a long time for a shuttle with room available. Hopefully, like you said, there is only one other stop after Homewood, so maybe I'll get lucky!

Actually I believe the Homewood is on the "J" route, the same as the Mariott Suites (right next to Homewood) and the Residence Inn Anaheim Resort (where we stayed). The RI was the first stop and the Mariott was the second and last stop before heading back to Disneyland, so there really aren't many stops on that run at all. Best of luck with the ART...we used it for all five days of our trip and didn't have a problem with it at all.

msgmg68
11-19-2005, 07:14 AM
I appreciate your feedback. It really makes me feel a lot better about ART! :)