PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Potato Head help!

Pages : [1] 2

sajack
11-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Do you guys know which store they sell the Disney Mr. Potato Head in? Do they even sell it at Disneyland? I see that it's available from mouseshoppe so I figured they must have it here.

Thanks for your help! :)

Dexter
11-16-2005, 03:15 PM
The Mr. Potato Heads can be purchased at Engineers Toys at DCA. I don't know of another location at the resort that has them.

DianeM
11-16-2005, 03:49 PM
Be prepared to spend some time if you want the DL accessories. They have this cute gimmick - for around $18 (I"m sure someone will give you the actual price, I don't remember), you get as many accessories as you can fit into a box the size of a large chinese paper take out container. You don't have to buy the bodies or the generic Mr. Potatohead accessories, but you can.

One woman said she got 3 of each type of DL accessories in the box, but I think they must have expanded the selection since then. They have a variety of bulky shoes and hats, including some for the Mad Hatter, and I don't think you could even fit one set of everything in a box. They have passports, suitcases with Disneyland/Disneyworld, name badges, mouse ears, sandals, sunglasses, Mickey shaped ice cream bars, a disneyland camera, a Mickey balloon, autograph book, and much more.

Depending on the store clerk, you may or may not have to be able to close the box. I did, but I got a lot. I was told to fill the box with what I wanted, then take it to the toy train table nearby and re-pack it, and I was able to go back for more. When my mother saw all the cool stuff I got, she wanted a set for my nephew, so we went back and did it again. Tip - if you take arms, make sure you get both arms - there is a right and a left. I got 3 rights and a left, but the clerk let me exchange one the next day.

They also have regular Potato Head stuff, the the only "regular" thing we got was a Darth Tater for my husband and one for my nephew. By the way, if you're a CostCo member - they have PotatoHead sets for about $16 right now, with three bodies and either a space or a jungle theme.

Do you guys know which store they sell the Disney Mr. Potato Head in? Do they even sell it at Disneyland? I see that it's available from mouseshoppe so I figured they must have it here.

Thanks for your help! :)

sajack
11-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the great info. Now the store that you mentioned is the one in DCA correct? We only have single park tickets for Disneyland on the 6th, do you think they will let us in just for that shop?

Thanks!

Mermaid
11-16-2005, 05:34 PM
my sister got one of these when we were there. She got the name badge and for the life of us, we could not figure out how to affix it to the Potato Head. Does anyone know??
I doubt they will let you in DCA with a one day one park ticket. :( That is the only store I have seen it at. Sorry.

hlbtimes2
11-16-2005, 06:46 PM
You can ask for a one hour shopping pass. They will take a credit card, and if you are late coming back they will charge you the ticket price. An hour would be more then enough time to get in and out. The store is close to the enterance of DCA.

TTFN92
11-16-2005, 09:02 PM
Yes, it is the one in DCA. It is the first one you come to on the right. Make sure that you fill up the potato! We were in a hurry when we did it the first time and didn't do that and realized afterward that we got jipped. We went in on another trip and filled up a box with just accessories. My boys love it! They even like the princess stuff, especially the "glass" slippers. When I saw it I just had to get it for them. Have fun!

MammaSilva
11-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Just a note, if you get a box with 'just accessories' consider yourself lucky because the policy is that you are 'required' to buy the body and all the accessories you can stuff in/around/over/under in the box. the flaps have to close but can bulge. Not all CM's enforce the body rule but I just wanted to put it out there that it is policy so if you're told you have to include potatoe don't be surprised or be cranky about it, smile and press on, cuz you can stuff a LOT inside the cavity and all around it in the box if your careful!

potzbie
11-16-2005, 10:29 PM
You can ask for a one hour shopping pass. They will take a credit card, and if you are late coming back they will charge you the ticket price. An hour would be more then enough time to get in and out. The store is close to the enterance of DCA.
Holy cow!
What is this all about?
A one-hour, no-cost, pass to enter DCA?
Where do you get the pass?
And how did you find out about such insider stuff?
:eek:

littlemissgorgeous
11-17-2005, 06:03 AM
Just a note, if you get a box with 'just accessories' consider yourself lucky because the policy is that you are 'required' to buy the body and all the accessories you can stuff in/around/over/under in the box. the flaps have to close but can bulge. Not all CM's enforce the body rule but I just wanted to put it out there that it is policy so if you're told you have to include potatoe don't be surprised or be cranky about it, smile and press on, cuz you can stuff a LOT inside the cavity and all around it in the box if your careful!

After asking a CM I was allowed to only pack accessories in my box- that was in September.....
Luckily I was able to cram all Disneyland accessories inside...such as Mad Tea Hatter head and cup, autograph book, Mickey Icecream, Goofy hat, Mickey Sorcceres hat and much more...

stan4d_steph
11-17-2005, 06:10 AM
At the World of Disney in NYC, they have exclusive pieces too. :)

MammaSilva
11-17-2005, 07:10 AM
After asking a CM I was allowed to only pack accessories in my box- that was in September.....
Luckily I was able to cram all Disneyland accessories inside...such as Mad Tea Hatter head and cup, autograph book, Mickey Icecream, Goofy hat, Mickey Sorcceres hat and much more...

Which is why I said not all CM's enforce the policy, but it's better to be aware that it "can" be enforced so if someone gets a by the book CM they aren't caught by surprise and say well I read on MousePad that we could do this.

DianeM
11-17-2005, 07:45 AM
The only way I've been able to affix the badge is to put it on the arm. It would be nice to be able to put it on the body.

my sister got one of these when we were there. She got the name badge and for the life of us, we could not figure out how to affix it to the Potato Head. Does anyone know??
I doubt they will let you in DCA with a one day one park ticket. :( That is the only store I have seen it at. Sorry.

hlbtimes2
11-17-2005, 07:57 AM
Holy cow!
What is this all about?
A one-hour, no-cost, pass to enter DCA?
Where do you get the pass?
And how did you find out about such insider stuff?
:eek:

You find out about such stuff by spending many, many hours a week here at MP! :D

Yes, it is a no cost pass, but it is for shopping- not for riding rides. And, if you are late returning you will be charged full price for entry.

Leash81
11-17-2005, 08:40 AM
The only way I've been able to affix the badge is to put it on the arm. It would be nice to be able to put it on the body.

I couldn't even get mine on the arm, did you use a regular arm?
I love these things, when we went over Halloween weekend we got Tinkerbell pieces for my mom and she got so excited that she bought a whole box of parts for herself when she went the next weekend. We are starting our own little Potatohead collection because we got a couple bodies so we could dress a couple up at a time.

Vegitabeta
11-17-2005, 08:45 AM

This made me laugh:D

DianeM
11-17-2005, 08:57 AM
I think so. Tell you what - the stuff is at home, so I'll check tonight. It is fun having Mr. Potatohead stuff around. I never had one as a child, so I guess this is my way of reliving my childhood. ;-)

I love these things, when we went over Halloween weekend we got Tinkerbell pieces for my mom and she got so excited that she bought a whole box of parts for herself when she went the next weekend. We are starting our own little Potatohead collection because we got a couple bodies so we could dress a couple up at a time.

Vegitabeta
11-17-2005, 09:05 AM
Has anyone seen the Darth Vadar Potato Head? It's cool.

cstephens
11-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Which is why I said not all CM's enforce the policy, but it's better to be aware that it "can" be enforced so if someone gets a by the book CM they aren't caught by surprise and say well I read on MousePad that we could do this.

I wonder how much they train the employees on that policy. When we bought our box of accessories, they didn't hassle us at all. When I've been browsing in that area on several different occasions, I've heard CMs actually tell guests that they can pack more in if they don't buy a body, and I've seen CMs helping guests pack a box to get the most in and still get the flap to close, which is the requirement.

Has anyone seen the Darth Vadar Potato Head? It's cool.

It's sitting on my desk at work. I finally found the Spud Trooper (Stormtrooper potato head) a couple weeks ago at a local toy store. It was a bit more expensive than I'd have expected at Target or Walmart, but since I hadn't seen it anywhere else, I figured an extra buck or two wasn't bad.

Raven
11-17-2005, 10:15 AM
I just got a wonderful idea...I am going to buy my niece and nephew tickets for Disneyland next year for thier Christmas present...now I have a great idea on how to give them tickets without "giving" them tickets...make a potato head and give it to them maybe with a little note inside with some Disney dollars!

MammaSilva
11-17-2005, 11:36 AM
CStephens, I have no idea about the training, cuz the first time we went we did a box of accessories, the second time the CM informed me we 'had' to buy the body and recently someone else went and got told they had to buy a body as well but got the 'fill the cavity' speech. So it sounds like it's very inconsistant.

Nancy
11-17-2005, 01:05 PM
I just got a wonderful idea...I am going to buy my niece and nephew tickets for Disneyland next year for thier Christmas present...now I have a great idea on how to give them tickets without "giving" them tickets...make a potato head and give it to them maybe with a little note inside with some Disney dollars!

That is such a great idea!! I bet they love it!!!:)
We were at the Disney Outlet on Orangethrope(???) last week and they had a bunch of "Potato" parts too. I didn't pay enough attention to see what they actually were though.

piglet 05
11-18-2005, 04:57 PM

it goes on his arm... either one will do. but the clip on the back of the nametag is for his arm... ;)

evrythngwmn
11-19-2005, 03:25 AM
CStephens, I have no idea about the training, cuz the first time we went we did a box of accessories, the second time the CM informed me we 'had' to buy the body and recently someone else went and got told they had to buy a body as well but got the 'fill the cavity' speech. So it sounds like it's very inconsistant.

That's life basically. You've got your rule followers and your rule breakers. It bugs me to no end when I'm enforcing a Disney rule at work and the CM involved says, "but so and so let me in yesterday without calling my manager." My response is usually something like, "well I don't know what went on yesterday with that CM but this is the procedure and you need a manager to get you in."

DianeM
11-19-2005, 06:29 AM
Given that most people on this board have been allowed to load the box with accessories, even with CM's who enforce the rule about closing the box, it's possible that there isn't a rule saying you have to have a body in the box, but some CM's think there is. This would make sense to me. It's really all just plastic to the manufacturer, and there is no sign saying that you have to have a body. Maybe the CM who told the customer there had to be a body was wrong.

That's life basically. You've got your rule followers and your rule breakers. It bugs me to no end when I'm enforcing a Disney rule at work and the CM involved says, "but so and so let me in yesterday without calling my manager." My response is usually something like, "well I don't know what went on yesterday with that CM but this is the procedure and you need a manager to get you in."