PDA

View Full Version : What time to leave for DL?

msgmg68
11-16-2005, 12:04 PM
My husband is driving from Sacramento area on Monday the 21st down to DL to meet us. When is the latest he should leave in the AM to avoid traffic? He wanted to leave at noon, but we decided he would hit LA around 5pm..bad idea!!
He was thinking of around 9 am or 3 pm to leave...any suggestions? He would be taking the 5.
Thank you so much! Your help is appreciated!!

I love Peter Pan
11-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Maybe at about 8 a.m.

stan4d_steph
11-16-2005, 01:19 PM
Here are some previous thread about driving from Sacramento.

Thanksgiving at DL: Sacramento to Anaheim (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=47551&highlight=drive+sacramento)

So Cal Freeway Advice (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=47703&highlight=drive+sacramento)

DianeM
11-16-2005, 01:25 PM
I live just north of Sacramento. If I were planning on meeting somebody, I would leave either early - around 6:00 am, or late, around 2:00 pm. That would get me to LA either between the morning and afternoon commutes, or late enough in the evening commmute that traffic would not be too horrible. This would also help him avoid the worst times to be in traffic right here in Sacramento. 9:00 is risky - if he runs into any slow downs along the way, it could put him in LA around 3:00, which is probably a very bad time to be on LA freeways ( "after school" rush, followed by commuter traffic).

My husband is driving from Sacramento area on Monday the 21st down to DL to meet us. When is the latest he should leave in the AM to avoid traffic? He wanted to leave at noon, but we decided he would hit LA around 5pm..bad idea!!
He was thinking of around 9 am or 3 pm to leave...any suggestions? He would be taking the 5.
Thank you so much! Your help is appreciated!!

msgmg68
11-16-2005, 02:05 PM
Wow! Thanks everyone! I think that he will end up leaving around 2:30, right when the kids get out of school.

Agent
11-16-2005, 05:06 PM
The 5. Everytime I hear that I just chuckle. I love these boards!