PDA

View Full Version : Evil People and Club 33 Disaster

Pages : [1] 2

kiowa
11-16-2005, 11:29 AM
So one day while chatting with other Disney fans online. We all got into a talk about Club 33. Some of the people had been, some didn't care about it, and some really wanted to go. Of course I was in the later, I wanted to go. I got into talking with this one gentleman who had gone before. We started to email regularly, always sharing Disney news. Finally after about 4 months of talking I mentioned we were going to the park with family in November. This gentleman graciously said he would get us dinner reservations for Club 33. My mouth dropped, and the thanks you's started. I was in AWWWW!!!! My family wasn't excited as I was, but still thought it was cool they would get into the park and be able to experience things that not many people get to. So we head out to the Park this past Sunday and head to guest service window. We told the name and that we were there for Club 33, she checked her list, and low and behold...my name was not there. In a split second my stomach turned and I got light headed. She called the club, talked to supervisors, and checked other days. I tried to call my contact, nothing. We all decided that we would go eat at Napa rose "though it was an early seating they got us is" and or dinner wasn't completely lost. Though I must admit my day was ruined and I was in a really foul mood.

When I got back these past three days I have tried and tried to get in touch with the gentleman who helped us out. When I tried to email, was sent back as blocked, when I tried to call, he would hang up and slam the phone down. This guy played me like the fool I was. What I must say is he seemed genuine, we emailed for a long time, talked on the phone and he seemed like a good Disney friend.

I guess I'll keep on waiting and wondering when my Club 33 date will come.

Sorry to bum anyone out, but be forewarned.

Lani
11-16-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about what happened, Kiowa. It's always very upsetting when we find out we've been played.

At least the guy didn't make you pay for your park admission or meal in advance, so it seems like he was just playing you but not scamming you out of money.

TikiGeek
11-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Opus1guy strikes again :D (just kidding)

11-16-2005, 11:46 AM
Poor kiowa.

Klutch
11-16-2005, 03:04 PM
That's a pretty slimey thing to do. Being stood up for a regular date is bad enogh, but being stood up for dinner at Club 33 is downright cruel.

Sorry, Kiowa.

By the way, I like your handle. We have a street called Kiowa where I live. :D

disneyhound
11-16-2005, 03:14 PM
What a bummer!

I hope that person gets black-listed from all Disney forums, he sounds like a complete loser!

Osky
11-16-2005, 03:20 PM
That's just not right. I don't understand while people do that kind of stuff. I understand why people scam people for money, but just for the jollies of ruining someone's vacation. That is awful. Hopefully the Karma gods have taken notice.

tink360
11-16-2005, 03:34 PM
What a rotten thing to do, sorry that happened to you Kiowa.

He must be a very odd person to get his jollies from this sort of thing, count your blessings he didn't manage to mess up more for you than dinner at club 33.
I hope this didn't spoil your trip!

GrumpyUTboi
11-16-2005, 03:49 PM
post his name and phone number, I'll give him a call and thank him for being so gracious.

Osky
11-16-2005, 04:02 PM
post his name and phone number, I'll give him a call and thank him for being so gracious.

I was thinking that as well, but please don't! There are certainly legal ramifications if you do.

11-16-2005, 04:07 PM

Let karma take care of it. It would be a misuse of the board to hassle even this person. Please note this MousePad policy. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=7977)

Here at MousePad, we'll keep our side of the street clean.

Clotho
11-16-2005, 04:13 PM
Now I am curious...
I got a private message from someone offering to get me into Club 33. Was this person on here? If so, PM me the ID, so I can avoid this myself!

AmandasDad
11-16-2005, 04:22 PM
Just an FYI,

If someone offers to get you and but wants you to pay up front don't go for it. When you are a guest to the Club you pay the club directly and not the sponsor.

disneyhound
11-16-2005, 05:03 PM
Let karma take care of it. It would be a misuse of the board to hassle even this person. Please note this MousePad policy. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=7977)

Here at MousePad, we'll keep our side of the street clean.

Maybe a moderator could PM the victim, and make sure that scam user is not among us fellow padders... Of course he probably has many identities to provide an outlet for his twisted humor. I don't think he will be on kiowa's Christmas card list!

Opus1guy
11-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Opus1guy strikes again :D (just kidding)

I'd only ever do something like that to you! ;)

Seriously...this kind of thing sucks big time. :(

PirateSmile
11-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Aw :( I'm sorry that happened to you! What a strange and mean prank.

SandraVB79
11-16-2005, 11:57 PM
I don't understand people do things like that, especially if they propose themselves to arrange for the invitation.

I can only think: what a sick person, that he has to get his "joys" from such activities...

DianeM
11-17-2005, 09:54 AM
I think it's more likely a braggart who got caught exaggerating his own abilities. Maybe he thought he could get the tickets, but found out that he didn't have enough pull at his company and was too embarassed to admit it. The internet is full of people who pretend to be someone they really aren't, and sometimes they get so caught up in the experience that they start to believe their own stories. Without question, it was rude to make a promise he couldn't keep, then refuse to live up to it, but I think this person is more to be pitied than hated.

I don't understand people do things like that, especially if they propose themselves to arrange for the invitation.

I can only think: what a sick person, that he has to get his "joys" from such activities...

sand20go
11-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Well......

If he said his company had a corporate account I would write the office of the CEO (you should be able to track the name down) and relate your story. Don't overblow it. Just the facts mam but many folks would not be happy with an employee for doing that and at least would ask for an explination.

I would also cc Disney.

But that is just me. I don't like promises being made, broken, and with no subsequent apology.

Pat-n-Eil
11-17-2005, 02:51 PM

Nahh.. that'll get you in trouble.. but an email address.. now there's an idea. Then we can sign him up for all of the email updates, advertising and online pharmaceutical companies we can find..

uhhh.. just kidding?

olddumbguy
11-17-2005, 05:02 PM
Maybe I missed it, but have you ever met this person face-to-face, or just online? If online only, There is no way I would have believed it.

It sucks that happened to you, especially in front of your family. I'm sure you have learned a lesson from it. Be glad it was only this humilation and not your life you could have lost. (Please dont take that the wrong way. I ment it as friendly advise and not an insult in any way).

Durliin
11-17-2005, 05:32 PM
That really sucks that someone did that to you but hey at least you went to the Napa Rose which I think is a thousand times better then Club 33....

11-18-2005, 03:36 AM
Nahh.. that'll get you in trouble.. but an email address.. now there's an idea. Then we can sign him up for all of the email updates, advertising and online pharmaceutical companies we can find..

uhhh.. just kidding?

I once shared an office with a guy who had it in for our boss. My officemate anonymously sent "turkey"-themed stuff to the boss: turkey sandwich, brochures on raising turkeys, turkey-red carpet sample, etc. It got really funny.

But we MousePadders would never hassle anyone, no matter what. That's just the way we are.

SandraVB79
11-18-2005, 06:07 AM
But we MousePadders would never hassle anyone, no matter what. That's just the way we are.

No, we wouldn't... but it would feel good once in a while! :~D

Duane
11-18-2005, 06:19 AM
It just goes to show that everyone should be very cautious of people you meet online. The internet allows the "outcasts" of our society a place to run wild. Usually, people who introduce themselves online are hiding from their true identity. The internet is a great community for societies rejects to be active. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. If I was a member of Club 33, I'd be happy to sign you in myself.