PDA

View Full Version : Need help trip planning 11/18-11/20

kkmickey
11-16-2005, 08:32 AM
Hello -
I am excited to tell you that I will be at Disneyland this weekend! We are from the Pacific Northwest, and our family of 5 goes to Disneyland about every 1-2 years. This is our 50th anniversary visit.

I am usually very meticulous about planning. I read all the current information and plan my route and fastpass strategy accordingly. HOWEVER . . . I am an RN, and I started working night shift a month ago. Sadly, I have had no time to research and plan, and I am so tired I have no brain to do so! So I am asking for help from those of you IN THE KNOW.

Here is our itinerary: (what little I've planned)

FRIDAY 11/18 Arrive SNA 3:45pm, rent car, check in at Paradise Pier
Stay at the parks as late as possible

SATURDAY 11/19 - Early entry (What time should we be there?)
Lunch reservations at Blue Bayou, 11:50 am
Stay at Paradise Pier again

SUNDAY 11/20 Unfortunately, we need to change hotels because PP was full. We have reservations in a 2 room suite at the Anaheim Islander Inn, but I am beginning to regret that reservation. (Any suggestions?)
* Reserved waterfront seating for Fantasmic - last performance (10:30?)

MONDAY 11/21 - Fly home in the afternoon.

We have 3 day passes, which we plan to use Fri, Sat, and Sun.

My husband and I have three teenage boys, ages 12, 14, and 17. We plan to split up at times, but we all love ALL the rides - no chickens in our group!

Some things we don't want to miss (besides rides):
* Fireworks
* Fudge and beignets

As for shows and parades, we've seen Aladin, and although I loved it and we have AAA seating, we may skip it in favor of rides and give our tickets to someone.

Because we have so little time and I am guessing it will be pretty crowded, I really need some help.

SO - I would appreciate any advice on making the best use of our time, avoid lines, utilize fastpasses, etc. Also, if there are any new restaurants or foods to try, we haven't been there in about 1 1/2 years.

THANKS so much for your help. I wish I had more hours in the day :)

Kristin

I love Peter Pan
11-16-2005, 08:55 AM
The one thing our family CANNOT leave Disneyland without doing is watching the Golden Horseshoe show while we eat luch. It is the most hillarious show EVER! We love it. All I can say is, break out the map baby! LOL, that's what my sisters and I make time to do before we go. If you can't have your boys do it. I know being a 14 year old as well, they'll LOVE Space Mountain, I've already been on it 7 times in my last visit! LOL! I'm very anxious as well because I'm leaving for DL in a week! I will be there for my birthday and my parents are taking me to the Golden Horseshoe for my b-day lunch! Well, have fun!

DangerMouse
11-16-2005, 09:06 AM
I wouldn't worry about the Islander. I have two friends that swear by that place and won't stay anywhere else. It's nothing fancy, but will serve its purpose for one night. The worst part about it is having to take the ART.

Also, I wouldn't expect HUGE crowds during the time you are there. I would expect the park will get busier right after you leave.

kkmickey
11-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Hi again - hoping someone can help with advice about such things as which fastpasses are running out, etc. We usually get AAA enhanced fastpass, but not this visit.

KKMickey

Catcherman22
11-16-2005, 09:05 PM
The one thing our family CANNOT leave Disneyland without doing is watching the Golden Horseshoe show while we eat luch. It is the most hillarious show EVER! We love it. All I can say is, break out the map baby! LOL, that's what my sisters and I make time to do before we go. If you can't have your boys do it. I know being a 14 year old as well, they'll LOVE Space Mountain, I've already been on it 7 times in my last visit! LOL! I'm very anxious as well because I'm leaving for DL in a week! I will be there for my birthday and my parents are taking me to the Golden Horseshoe for my b-day lunch! Well, have fun!

Thats ok.. I am 21 and I practically spend all day at Space if I can.

Its.. Enter park rush for Space.. get fastpass for space and walk on space.. ride something else before fastpass then repeat process.
I'm sure it will wear as soon.. but Space was/is/ and always will be my fav disney ride (This is beside RNR at Disney Studios)