PDA

View Full Version : How to get to Knotts?

Skellinton
11-16-2005, 08:10 AM
Hello-

I will be leaving for Disneyland in 18 days (WHOOO-HOOO!) and we are planning on spending our one non-Disney day at Knotts Berry Farm. We hadn't planned on renting a car, but were wondering on how to get to Knotts without one. I am travelling with my mother and 2 teenage boys. Is there shuttles that are easy to use?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Skellinton

HorizonsA
11-16-2005, 08:18 AM
If you're staying at Disneyland, then I don't think there are any shuttles that take you to Knott's and back. The only solution I can give you is a taxi.

Terri
11-16-2005, 08:20 AM
Well, it's been a while since I lived down there...but here's what I would suggest if you're not renting a car.

A taxi...the bus system. I don't believe ART goes to Knotts because ART is for the city of Anaheim and Knotts is in Buena Park. Close...but not enough. It's about 7 miles from Disneyland (10 minute drive). Knott's address is 8039 Beach Blvd, Buena Park. From Disneyland, you can take Katella northbound directly to Beach Blvd. At Beach, turn right and Knotts will be on the left side after you pass Lincoln, then Crescent just before the La Palma Ave intersection. It's a quick taxi ride, a little slower for the bus. The google directions want you to take the 5 frwy, but it's just as easy on side streets.

Good Luck!

tod
11-16-2005, 09:17 AM
The 460 bus (http://metro.net/images/460.pdf) goes there.

You'll need Acrobat Reader to read that. If yoir browser doesn't have it go here (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/main.html) and get it.

--t

ToursbabeC3po
11-16-2005, 11:20 AM
There is a MTA bus that comes about every hour (LA Bus System) and before it goes to LA it goes to knotts berry farm. The pick up area is on Katella Ave. right in front of Disneyland where all the bus benches are located. It is cheap and convenient!!!! I think it is 1.25 each person and children under 6 are free. It takes about 20 mins travel time!
Have fun!
toursbabe

potzbie
11-16-2005, 01:17 PM
You can check the routes and maps yourself on-line.
"OCTA" (Orange County Transit Authority) has its schedules in PDF format.

www.octa.net

From the other side:
I bet if you e-mailed the web site of KNOTT'S BERRY FARM (i.e., the "how to contact us" button), they will supply the canned answer which I am sure has been asked thousands of times.
Who knows better how to get to KNOTT'S than KNOTT'S themselves?

www.knotts.com

Darkbeer
11-16-2005, 01:45 PM
The Metro 460 bus (run by LA County) is direct and actually uses the freeway and has a lot less stops than the OCTA (Orange County Transit). To get to Knott's you would have to take two buses, with a transfer on OCTA.

The post by Tod has the timetable, and the fare is just $1.25 one way on the Metro Bus.

pisces
11-16-2005, 07:04 PM
But, does that bus go inside Knotts? I've seen that bus turn on La Palma, so I think it only goes as far as La Palma and Beach Blvd....which is still kind of far from the main entrance.

I'm at Knotts somewhat frequently, and I've never seen a public bus drive up to the California Marketplace and pick-up area

Darkbeer
11-16-2005, 07:30 PM
I am pretty sure that both the Metro and OCTA buses stop on Beach, and do not go thru the Knott's main road. Some tour buses do go thru it, but their bus stop is near the Knott's Resort Hotel, south of Ghostrider.

DaddyB
11-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Just follow the stench.