PDA

View Full Version : How long will the Monorail be down?

Jim Hawkins
11-16-2005, 07:21 AM
If they are rebuilding the Tomorrow Land station, building new trains etc, is it true it will be down for a year?

stan4d_steph
11-16-2005, 07:28 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if it took that long to complete all of the work they need to do. I'm sure they'll get it done as quickly as possible, since the DL Hotel people can't be too happy about the loss of one of their perks.

Darkbeer
11-16-2005, 12:19 PM
The reported down time for the Monorail was from January 2006 thru mid -2007, but some pressure has been placed on the construction folks to try and shorten the project. But some folks in TDA want to have both projects re-open at the same time, for marketing reasons. (The original plan was to use some of the down time to test the new monorail they are building, and then have enough time to get a second one done by mid-2007).

Ironic, they would have brand new monorails, but the subs themselves will be the original ones that have had major refurb done to them...

Last I heard, the plans are still be discussed, and a final decision has not yet been made. But expect it to be closed at least a year.