PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report, with photos, November 1-6

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-15-2005, 04:18 PM
Back from our trip. Here is a link to the pics:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AZuGbds3YtWUe&notag=1
Our trip report:
Arrived at SNA about 12 noon on November 1st, only to find out that America West, whom my husband is employeed with, as a pilot, lost my older son's carseat, I never check them but did this time since he wasn't traveling with me and it was easier to have just one carseat. Thankfully they had a loaner, but they informed me that since we were traveling non-revenue, they would not pay for it to be shipped to us at HoJo's and we would have to "get it ourselves." Thankfully my DH was flying through there on Thursday to meet us and he was able to pick it up. What a way to treat your employees. Anyway, we got the rest of our bags (5) and headed to Supershuttle. There was one waiting, that would hold all of us, plus our bags! YEAH! A nice lady helped me get the carseats in and we were on our way. We got dropped off last but were quickly to our room. THANKS WILLIE at Hojos! He got us the same room we have had the last 4 or 5 times we have stayed there, even my 4yo recognized it! Got things put away and headed to the park. I needed to get my AP, I let my old one lapse after my trip May 5th. Thankfully there was no line and I got that done quickly. The park was empty and we got on our favorite rides. We didn't want to stay too late as the boys had been up all day, so we got back to the room about 8pm and they quickly got to bed.
The next day we had lunch at Blue Bayou, at 11:30. My mom had NEVER eaten there so I was glad we made priority seating reservations and got a table near the water. Lunch was good and the boys were on their best behavior. A feat for my 2yo! We then headed over to CA as my mom had to leave Thursday and wanted to do a few things with the kids there. It was wonderful to have her there, so she could take my 4yo around while my 2yo slept. Unfortunately that night, we got back to the room early again, but my 2yo woke up several times in the night, with a fever and a terrible cough. He was having trouble breathing and I was actully getting worried. Thursday morning he was better, but not himself. I had custom Buzz overalls made on eBay, and was SO excited to see Buzz near Club Buzz, with NO LINE! But Brady, my 2yo, wasn't feeling well enough to get a pic with Buzz. :( I knew he was really sick. Mom left and the kids and I did a few more rides before heading back to the hotel to meet DH and for McDonald's. Friday morning, Brady was sick again and DH wanted to go home. He hadn't even been to the park. I told him he would get better as the day went on, and he did. So, being that he was sick, we decided to forgo the fireworks and get to the hotel at a decent time, so he could get his rest. Both boys, really crashed out each night and I was glad I didn't push them too much. Being at the park all day is tough on an adult, let alone a child. They were both troopers, even the sick guy. Saturday we decided to catch an earlier flight that would put us home before 10pm. So DH only did the park with us that one day. It was fine though, the park had been so empty we got to see and do everything. I rode Space alone and LOVED it! I wanted to go again, but didn't have time. My mom took Brooks on BTMRR, and they had fun doing things together in the park. I got to do a bit of shopping while Brady slept in the stroller. We made our flights home, thankfully, as I woke up Sunday morning, sicker than a dog!!

DangerMouse
11-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Great report and pics! So sad that Brady wasn't feeling well for a portion of the trip. Looks like your mom had a blast! You're boys are so gorgeous and I love how you dress them. Those Buzz overalls are just adoreable. I bet you got all kinds of comments on them. And I am so jealous over how empty the parks were! Did you even have to wait in lines for characters? I know we won't be nearly as lucky for our trip in Dec. What room do you normally stay in at the HoJo? We stay there all the time and we are trying Bldg. 2 for the first time in Dec.

Crazy4DL
11-15-2005, 04:46 PM
What a bunch of cute pictures!! Those overalls are adorable. :)

Glad you all had fun even with cutie cakes not feeling so well.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-15-2005, 08:04 PM
Great report and pics! So sad that Brady wasn't feeling well for a portion of the trip. Looks like your mom had a blast! You're boys are so gorgeous and I love how you dress them. Those Buzz overalls are just adoreable. I bet you got all kinds of comments on them. And I am so jealous over how empty the parks were! Did you even have to wait in lines for characters? I know we won't be nearly as lucky for our trip in Dec. What room do you normally stay in at the HoJo? We stay there all the time and we are trying Bldg. 2 for the first time in Dec.

That is one of the things I LOVE about going that week in November. Yeah, we missed all the holiday stuff, but even on Friday the longest line we had was 20 mins for Peter Pan, and that was at the peak time of day. No clue what we were thinking being in Fantasyland then. hehe As far as characters go, the only line was in Mickey's house and even then, it wasn't bad at all.
We always stay in building 2 at HoJo's, room 2122.

snappy
11-16-2005, 07:17 AM
Nice pictures! Almost feels like I went myself, actually we did go on Monday after work. Thanks again.

CrazyTrain
11-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the report! It stinks that Brady was sick. :( Hope you're feeling better! It's too bad I couldn't make it out there to meet you!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the report! It stinks that Brady was sick. :( Hope you're feeling better! It's too bad I couldn't make it out there to meet you!

I thought about you, but figured you were busy. Next time!