PDA

View Full Version : Weird things we've done

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

PeoplemoverMisser
11-15-2005, 03:08 PM
Has anyone else ever allowed guest-after-guest to go past them while you stay to listen to the robot's entire spiel on the way up to Star Tours?

Or become so infatuated with the manhole covers in Toontown that you just stood there rocking back-and-forth for 15 minuts to try & hear them all?

I'm sure there are other examples out there.

splashmtngurl
11-15-2005, 04:08 PM
stand wide-eyed in front of snow whites scary ride watchin the wicked queen peer through the window over and over again...hehe i've doen that

jumped up and down, over and over infront of the fountain in toontown making music play from it....discovered that last trip lol.

i love disneyland for everything about it but mostly for the little suprises that it offers every time your there. For the little things that you discover each time when your there and the feeling you get from enjoying something that many people over look. these things arent weird, they are NORMAL and everyone else who doesnt take a minute to notice the little things, they are the weird ones.

piglet 05
11-15-2005, 07:42 PM
hehe i've done the scary witch thing in front of snow white heehee

people kept looking at me weird when they pass by and see me looking up into a window above the ride hahaha

tho i know this is the thread for dland- in WDW there are 2 similar things. in epcot there are 2 talking things- a talking water fountain and a talking garbage can... this past trip we went around to find the fountain and played with it a buncha times- just keep pushing the bar and it says something different. we tried to find the garbage can again but couldnt remember which bldg it was in... hehe

Barbossa
11-15-2005, 07:59 PM
I'm the type who spends 15 minutes at each museum exhibit, so I've always wanted to just stand and study all the airplane photos/captions in the Soarin' line. Fast passes don't give you much chance to do this.

Pirate Princess
11-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Last trip I sat in the alley where the walk up Dreyers (?) ice cream is and listened to all the conversations at the dentists office and all the surrounding neighbors for ever.

SandraVB79
11-15-2005, 11:26 PM
I did read about half of the text with the pictures at Soarin'. I think I must have missed at least 4 saorin's flights by doing that!

Everyone stared at me because I wanted a picture with the Club 33 door. I guess most of them didn't know why I had such a big smile for a picture with "just a door".

I had people going past me because I waned to capture every little detail in Mickey's house.

I didn't know about the witch at Snow White... otherwise I might have stood there too watching the window. Next time I'll be at DLP, I'll see if they also have that.

At DLP, I stod there for about half an hour watching the ceilings at the Emporium (I think), and I tried to find the one column with the different glass candy at the Candy Shop. (Btw, at DL, I watched the trains and the toys up in the ceiling too in the stores. People bumped into me, because I was just standing there watching a ceiling instead of running around and buying stuff)

At DLP, I walked all the way through Walt's (a restaurant) to see ALL the pictures and different decorations.

I am sure I did more weird stuff, I just can't remember it right now...

Oh, and I just loved when we were stuck at Splash, there where they pull you up just before the last big splash, because that way I could here that bunny sing her whole song!!!

SandraVB79
11-15-2005, 11:27 PM
Oh, does going on the Jungle Cruise over and over again to maybe hear a new joke also count??

I love Peter Pan
11-16-2005, 08:07 AM
The Club 33 door! OMG, the last time I was there I saw it open twice! I was SO excited! I grabbed my mom to show her, and all of the people around me were looking at me like, "What a freak!" LOL, I had to laugh. Then we went by it later and took a pic infront of it.

I'm one of those people that keep touching the golden apple in the beggining of the Snow White ride, or swing the bamboo and pull on the rope that goes into the tunnel in the Indiana Jones line untill it makes noise! LOL, but it's tons of fun!

TowerofTerror
11-16-2005, 08:51 AM
I rang the bell to club 33 and they came on and asked my name and how many in my party.

I love Peter Pan
11-16-2005, 09:06 AM
Did they actually let you go in?

Barbossa
11-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Everyone stared at me because I wanted a picture with the Club 33 door. I guess most of them didn't know why I had such a big smile for a picture with "just a door".

We did the same thing (we were lucky enough to have reservations). We were very conspicuous because we were dressed up, and we were waiting for the crowds to go by so that we could snap the pictures. Several people asked us what the door was.

ToursbabeC3po
11-16-2005, 11:27 AM
My DD 10 can stand and watch people getting wet on California screamin before the launch (when the wave machine is on) It does not happen all the time but when it does it just kills her and she bust up laughing!!!! If I would let her she would stand there for hours.

toursbabe

I love Peter Pan
11-16-2005, 11:29 AM
I love sitting and watching the peoples' faces as they take off! Oh, that's the best.

piglet 05
11-16-2005, 03:16 PM
The Club 33 door! OMG, the last time I was there I saw it open twice! I was SO excited! I grabbed my mom to show her, and all of the people around me were looking at me like, "What a freak!" LOL, I had to laugh. Then we went by it later and took a pic infront of it.

I'm one of those people that keep touching the golden apple in the beggining of the Snow White ride, or swing the bamboo and pull on the rope that goes into the tunnel in the Indiana Jones line untill it makes noise! LOL, but it's tons of fun!

its so funny to know how many people dont know about club 33 after all these years! wow... lol i took tons of photos of the door, sign, etc. people thought i was nuts! lol no one in the pics- just the signs and door lol

and i totally have stood there playing with the apple!!! my fiance kept trying to get me away from it... tho i could tell he was just as intrigued hahahah

he loves doing this "weird" stuff too so i know we're not alone! haahah:D

GrumpyUTboi
11-16-2005, 03:46 PM
I like to watch all the kids stand there and try and pull out the sword. I would love to be in the bushes and to press the button every so often when people try so hard to pull the sword out.

SandraVB79
11-17-2005, 12:02 AM
Oh, I also like to stand at Minnie's wishing well, to hear all the nice things she has to say...
I have NEVER noticed a gold apple at the Snow White ride, can you imagine?? Another reason to go back!! yeah!!!!!

Vegitabeta
11-17-2005, 03:25 AM
I haven't noticed an apple either! Where is it?

MrsPooh
11-17-2005, 08:43 AM
I am guilty of taking pictures of the door at Club 33. I'm going in there one day, mark my words!

We have sat and watched the wicked queen in the window, and have showed it to others that had no idea she was there. It is so cool to share those kinds of things with new people.

Vegitabeta
11-17-2005, 08:48 AM
I had no idea the Queen was there either lol.

SandraVB79
11-17-2005, 08:51 AM
Oh, I just think of somethig else: after Fantasmic, watching the lights go back in the ground. I didn't know they did that (although I somehow noticed those lights weren't there during the day), and another Disney-fan with whom I started talking (during my visit in July 2002) told me about the lights going into the ground. So now, somehow I always enjoy to watch them 'cleaning up' from Fantasmic.

kkmickey
11-17-2005, 11:15 AM
This was so embarassing! My boys were 7, 9, and 11 (precious ages, aren't they - preadolescent boys :) and we were at DCA in the
and my kids were looking on their own while my husband and I wondered through slowly. We were in the part where you can add your own voices to various scenes from Disney movies. What a cute idea, right? Well, I came upon my three boys, who had patiently waited in line to do the scene with Bambi and Thumper. As the scene played back, imagine my embarassment as Bambi and Thumper BURPED their lines! I have never seen my boys laugh so hard. Obnoxious, yes, but pretty funny.

Jim Hawkins
11-17-2005, 11:21 AM
I knew about the Apple, but not about the Witch. I didn't know the Wishing Well talked either!

I Screamed "There she is!" when I saw Tinkerbell on Peter Pan. My wife didn't really dig that...

kkmickey
11-17-2005, 11:24 AM
I almost forgot my favorite 'weird thing'! When my two friends took me for my 40th birthday, we all wore tiaras the whole day. It was very fun, although people looked at us quite funny. During the Electrical Parade at DCA, the evil stepsisters even made 'snide' comments to us! It was very funny.

SneakyStella
11-17-2005, 04:01 PM
I haven't noticed an apple either! Where is it?

Before you enter the ride building, on the left of the entrance is a golden book and apple. I only know this because my seven year old son has to read everything!This last trip I learned of things that I had previously overlooked and would continue to do so if it weren't for my son's watchful eyes. What a fun age to see the park through their eyes!

twist1980
11-17-2005, 06:47 PM
This was so embarassing! My boys were 7, 9, and 11 (precious ages, aren't they - preadolescent boys :) and we were at DCA in the
and my kids were looking on their own while my husband and I wondered through slowly. We were in the part where you can add your own voices to various scenes from Disney movies. What a cute idea, right? Well, I came upon my three boys, who had patiently waited in line to do the scene with Bambi and Thumper. As the scene played back, imagine my embarassment as Bambi and Thumper BURPED their lines! I have never seen my boys laugh so hard. Obnoxious, yes, but pretty funny.

I think that may be one of the funniest things I've heard in a while! Too bad you didn't video it. It would be pretty funny to look back on!

I also am one who loves to pull on all the things in the queue for Indy. Especially when people walking behind you don't know whats going on. They always have a bit of a panicked look on their faces! Hee Hee Hee! With fastpass, its not like the good old days when you waited 2+ hours and needed something to do while you waited in line!