PDA

View Full Version : Monsters Inc. ride

I love Peter Pan
11-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Does anyone know when the Monsters Inc. ride will be opened in DCA? That's where the Superstar Limo used to be that was never open.

stan4d_steph
11-15-2005, 10:27 AM
It's still being reported in the MousePlanet Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/search.php?type=c&cid=dl) as "early 2006."

TowerofTerror
11-15-2005, 10:47 AM
By the middle of January Monster Inc should should be opened at DCA.

splashmtngurl
11-15-2005, 04:10 PM
do you think there might happen to be any soft opening scheduled for the begining of december??

Donald Duck Fan68
11-15-2005, 06:06 PM
Judging by the way the construction looks behind the walls, I'd say that soft openings for the beginning of December are likely out.

If I had to guess, I'd say they are trying to get that area ready for guests by the Week of Christmas/New Year's when the biggest crowds will be there. If there's a snowballs chance of soft openings happening in December, it would be during that week.

Just a guess, mind you; I could always be wrong. ;)

Aussie MouseFan
11-15-2005, 09:58 PM
heres hoping for an early soft opening...

otherwise will just have to come back in 2-3 months time

Old Mickey Fan
11-16-2005, 06:11 AM
So what kind of ride will it be?

samkj
11-16-2005, 06:40 AM
So what kind of ride will it be?
Here's the info straight from Disney.

Open the door to a wild ride through the streets of Monstropolis! Hop in a taxi and follow along as Mike and Sulley embark on a mad scramble to return Boo to her bedroom, while keeping her safe from the sneaky Randall Boggs and the Child Detection Agency.

* Scare up some 50th Anniversary fun in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot at Disney's California Adventure™ park.
* Chase through scenes inspired by the Walt Disney Pictures presentation of a Pixar Animation Studios film, "Monsters, Inc."*
* Receive a personal farewell from the ever-watchful Roz.

Darkbeer
11-16-2005, 07:19 AM
The current opening date is January 27th. This date is a working date, as they need to determine when the best day and time for Media coverage.

But expect some soft openings starting around the second week of January.

As always, dates are subject to change.