PDA

View Full Version : Ear Embroidery

TDBearGrrl
11-15-2005, 05:19 AM
Does anyone know of anywhere in the resort where you can get yellow stitching on black ears? I need a set for K that matches my first set.

I am working on an 'ears' display for my game room...

tod
11-15-2005, 05:46 AM
Does anyone know of anywhere in the resort where you can get yellow stitching on black ears? I need a set for K that matches my first set.

I am working on an 'ears' display for my game room...

I believe they went to white thread so it would show up on the gold ears.

Good luck.

--t

AVP
11-15-2005, 06:56 AM
You can't - no location has yellow thread anymore. In fact, with all of the new styles coming out this year that were designed to look good with white thread, I don't think we'll see yellow come back for a while.

AVP

TDBearGrrl
11-15-2005, 08:15 AM
I guess I can get one done in white and then get crafty with a magic marker... Wheels are turning...

Vegitabeta
11-15-2005, 11:04 AM
I guess I can get one done in white and then get crafty with a magic marker... Wheels are turning...
Yeah of course! Nothing wrong with a little felt pen. Either that or learn how to stitch you own name on!

SandraVB79
11-15-2005, 11:37 AM
Look out for someone in your neighbourhood with an embroidery machine...
I have one (with Disney license BTW!!!) but I guess Belgium is a little too far away.

Or if you really insist on getting it done at DL with yellow thread: go to a store, buy a thing with yellow embroidery thread (+/- $2) and take that with you to the embroidery place at the resort, and ask if they can use that.

tod
11-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Or if you really insist on getting it done at DL with yellow thread: go to a store, buy a thing with yellow embroidery thread (+/- $2) and take that with you to the embroidery place at the resort, and ask if they can use that.

And somebody's gonna re-thread the machine? I doubt it, unless you get there at opening and run to Hatmosphere in Tomorrowland and find a CM with time on their hands and a bit of the devil in them.

I'd call Disneyland (714-781-4000 is the main number) and see if they can help you. Maybe there's a way to get it done -- you can make an appointment or something.

Good luck.

--t

SandraVB79
11-15-2005, 11:42 PM
And somebody's gonna re-thread the machine? I doubt it, unless you get there at opening and run to Hatmosphere in Tomorrowland and find a CM with time on their hands and a bit of the devil in them.

I am 200% sure that at one of the embroidery-places, I saw many colors of thread next to the machine, so I guess they have to re-thread the machine once in a while.
And putting a thread in an embroidery-machine is not difficult (as is putting the threads in an overlock machine. I know, we have both at home)

cakimmy
11-16-2005, 01:27 PM
Try the Showplace (it is on Main St. behind the magic shop kind of). They had different lettering styles and different color thread. Oh and they also sell ears there too. I found out about it because I was inquiring about the new winter ears that were in the AP Backstage mailer (I was also told to go to that place when I inquired about getting a stocking personalized for my dd from the emporium). HTH