PDA

View Full Version : Perk of staying at Disneyland Hotel?

potterphreak
11-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Do they still offer package delivery or whatever to your room? Like, if you bought something (or somethingS in my case, LOL!) in the park, they will deliver it to your room so you don't have to carry it. Do they still do this? I wasn't going to let the girls shop until our last day there, but if DL still does this, I will let them shop the day before so that we can experience "hands free" shopping. LOL Also, am I able to charge things to my room in the park? Thanks for your help!

yellowrosedtxn
11-14-2005, 10:47 AM
I'm not sure about the charging to your room (although I read somewhere that you could do that), but I have bought stuff and had it sent to my room. Just know one thing, if you do this, you won't get your package until the next day. At least that was my experience AND you need to go to the desk outside of the main lobby to pick up your purchase. I bought 23 sets of ears (long story on that one) but I got it one day and the next I was able to pick them up with no problems.

Hope this helps!

hlbtimes2
11-14-2005, 11:33 AM
Yes, you can have it delivered to the HOTEL. Not to your room. You'll need to claim it at the bell desk. And, it takes overnight to get the stuff from the park to the hotel. So, if you will be checking out early in the morning, I wouldnt do it the second to the last day. I think pick up time was after 7 or 8 am. They might bring it your room, but they dont promise that.

And Yes, you can charge to your room. They'll give your a white slip of paper with your info on it. You'll use it for priority boarding at the monorail, early entry and charges to your room. It can be used for food or merchandise. Then all of that will be charged to what every credit/debit card you give them at check in. Its all charged on the last day, after 11 am. You do need ID when you charge to it, so its not really any easier then just paying. But, it is nice to have a detailed list of where and how much you spent. Unless you like denial, which I sometimes enjoy on vacation. LOL

disneyjunkie
11-14-2005, 06:41 PM
I am all over Denial, a little to the room, a little to AEX, a little more to visa and dont forget to include Mastercard! LOL!

BayAreaDisneyFan
11-14-2005, 09:04 PM
One warning on that white paper charge slip - it is good in the parks and hotels, but not at all Downtown Disney locations. I got a bum steer on this a couple years ago. We dined at ESPN Zone (I would not recommend this - deafeningly loud and slooooooowwwwww). When the check came I handed the waiter my slip, which was no good. I had no cash or cards on me, as we had just come from the pool. Had to run back to the hotel room for a card. Needless to say, a bad dinner experience got worse. Oh well. I think I heard they take the hotel charge now, but don't count on it.

hlbtimes2
11-15-2005, 07:46 AM
I wouldnt expect most places in downtown disney to take, as they are not a part of the Disney network. They are not on the same computer system and all that. But in the parks and the resort hotels you'll be fine.