PDA

View Full Version : When does the Monorail go down?

potterphreak
11-13-2005, 08:59 PM
I know it's in January, I was just wondering what the dates were or where I could find info on the dates. I am treating my in-laws to a stay at the DLH January 3rd-5th and my MIL has a hard time walking long distances, so the monorail would be super nice...

Thanks for any and all help! I truly appreciate it!

disney_leonard
11-13-2005, 09:22 PM
I've checked the usual authorities (riderefurbs.com, visionsfantastic.com and of course the DLR pages) but none show the monorail scheduled to be down for the Monsters Inc. construction (to which I presume you refer). It is possible that they will do what they did during DCA construction and do a back and forth trip between the hotel and DL and not use the track passing by DCA.

Darkbeer
11-13-2005, 09:35 PM
The Monorail is going down to allow the rebuilding of the Tomorrowland Station, which is needed for the new Finding Nemo Sub attraction. (The current Elevator, which was added after the Subs closed HAS to be moved, and they will also remove the Speed Ramps, and do other modifications to allow the Monorail and the Subs to work better together.

No official date has been announced, the Hotels want to try and shorten the length of the closure, the earliest it will be is the first week (the 4th) in January, but with what is going on behind the scenes, it has a good chance for starting later than that.

TowerofTerror
11-13-2005, 09:37 PM
I say it will go down the middle of January after all kids winter breaks are done and crowds go away.

potterphreak
11-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Yes, Darkbeer, that was the closure I meant, LOL. Couldn't remember WHY it was closing... silly old girl!

Thanks for the info, I would really hate for them to miss out on all the magic of staying at the DLH.

WOOOHOOO Look how soon I will be there!!!!!!!!!

disney_leonard
11-13-2005, 10:39 PM
The Monorail is going down to allow the rebuilding of the Tomorrowland Station, which is needed for the new Finding Nemo Sub attraction.

Well then, nevermind. I thought they were also going to interupt the monorail for Monsters construction.

Alex S.
11-13-2005, 11:44 PM
They did. It closed for a couple weeks last month due to construction at Monsters.