PDA

View Full Version : New Monorail Trains?

Werner
11-11-2005, 07:13 PM
So they're closing the monorail in January, right? Do you think we are getting new trains? Any ideas when they'll debut? Do you think it will be tied in with the opening of Finding Nemo -- so that we'll have some sort of "Gala Day"-esque premier of both new adventures, in, say mid-2007?

Or -- do you think the monorail will re-open come next Summer?

-Werner

Stupid_American
11-12-2005, 06:33 AM
Although I have recieved bad info before, a CM (tour leader) said that the trains will be new.

Klutch
11-12-2005, 07:55 AM
I recall reading that one monorail was taken out of service and is being reverse-engineered to create new trains exactly like the current fleet.

I'd have to find the articles to confirm, but I remember that Disney asked Bombardier about making new trains and they either weren't interested, wanted too much money, or both.

As I understand it, WDI is building the new trains. Disneyland management really didn't have a choice. The old trains are literally falling apart. Brake components have actually fallen from the train while in motion. They could build new trains or close the entire monorai. Obviously, they chose well. :)