PDA

View Full Version : It's A Small World Holiday...

mariogarza
11-11-2005, 05:09 PM
anyone??

adriennek
11-11-2005, 05:33 PM
anyone what?

Adrienne

disneyhound
11-11-2005, 05:48 PM
Anyone when?

mariogarza
11-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Sorry...
anyone has a review or something?
Any change from last years?

sandiegorob
11-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Sorry...
anyone has a review or something?
Any change from last years?
I'd like to give you a review but... I've never seen a line so long in my life at DL. I heard it went quickly but I'll check it out tomorrow and let you know.

dldhistory
11-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Not sure if this is useful to anyone but here are some shots from Its A Small World Holiday last year:

http://www.dldhistory.com/attractions.asp?Tab=Disneyland&Page=4&ID=609

pisces
11-12-2005, 09:24 AM
Small World is about the only thing left for me to count on. They've changed everything (And, not for the better IMHO) ... so that nothing is like the way it was last year's holiday.

I'm really hoping that Small World Holiday, will be the one attraction (Maybe the Christmas Fantasy Parade will stay as it's always been)......that will not change.

TowerofTerror
11-12-2005, 09:36 AM
I like it the attraction is very nicely done during Christmas.

K & S
11-12-2005, 10:53 AM
Small World is about the only thing left for me to count on. They've changed everything (And, not for the better IMHO) ... so that nothing is like the way it was last year's holiday.

I'm really hoping that Small World Holiday, will be the one attraction (Maybe the Christmas Fantasy Parade will stay as it's always been)......that will not change.

I didn't make it to Small World yesterday. However, if they are finished decorating for Christmas, it is downscaled from previous years. There are no garlands across Main Street and no lights in the trees around the hub.

Both DL and DCA's Christmas Trees are beautiful, as are the trees in DTD.

K

pisces
11-12-2005, 11:05 AM
Yes, from various people's pictures, it looked very downscale from what they had last year.

I was thinking maybe in person, it's a lot more than what shows up in pictures......I really hope they'll add more as it gets closer, but it's already mid-November !!!!

Last year, they strung several lines of lit garland across Main Street. Maybe they think the Garland hanging across would interfere with the gold tree??? Well, they could string several lines of gold garland across. There's no excuse for not wrapping lights around each and every tree. I believe even the City of Anaheim wraps lights around city street trees.....and that's year round!

Goofy in a Santa Costume is supposed to be in a sled where the flagpole is.

Sigh.

Darkbeer
11-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Main Street has nothing hanging over it is because fo the tall floats for the Parade of Dreams. Heck, they had to build special supports for the Christmas tree, to raise the guy wires to prevent them from interferring.

The Santa stuff has been moved from the Flagpole area, to the Big Thunder Ranch area mainly due to traffic control issues. Also, you will be having three parades a day on most days, and two parades on slow days. If you had the stuff on Town Square, it would have to close down every time they had the parade. This way, they can keep Santa in his cottage from 10 to 7:30 PM on busy days. I think everyone is happy with the new area, and the positive effect it is having, especially on a day that the park was near to capacity, and Disney had to stop allowing folks in.

K & S
11-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Main Street has nothing hanging over it is because fo the tall floats for the Parade of Dreams. Heck, they had to build special supports for the Christmas tree, to raise the guy wires to prevent them from interferring.

The Santa stuff has been moved from the Flagpole area, to the Big Thunder Ranch area mainly due to traffic control issues. Also, you will be having three parades a day on most days, and two parades on slow days. If you had the stuff on Town Square, it would have to close down every time they had the parade. This way, they can keep Santa in his cottage from 10 to 7:30 PM on busy days. I think everyone is happy with the new area, and the positive effect it is having, especially on a day that the park was near to capacity, and Disney had to stop allowing folks in.

Thanks for the explanation about the garlands on Main Street and Santa's area is lovely and will improve traffic control. But why no tree lights in the hub area?

K

pisces
11-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Not buyin it.

They could get some chicken wire, wrap the twinkling gold tinsel/garland around it, and form high archways over Main Street.

Here's a picture of last year's Goofy dressed as Santa:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/31063634/

It's hard for me to believe that this makes such a nuisance for them that it interferes with all their parades. They need something Christmas-y in that spot. My eye will forever want to see Santa-Goofy, or at least a sled in that spot.

My understanding was that regular Santa would be at Big Thunder, but that shouldn't mean Goofy/Santa would be banished :crying: . Also, what of the people who won't arrive till Dec 27? Will regular Santa, at Big Thunder still be around? Regular Santa usually goes home, traditionally, after the 25th. Goofy/Santa is the one who hangs out till Jan.

Nothing explains why they don't wrap lights around each and every tree.

AaronInCal
11-12-2005, 03:08 PM

Actually, look for an all-new Santa float at the end of the Christmas Fantasy Parade this year..

spectromen
11-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Main Street has nothing hanging over it is because fo the tall floats for the Parade of Dreams.

This was also the case in 1994 when the Lion King Celebration ran thru Christmas - floats too tall. They compensated by having more stuff on the buildings.

Another Dimension
11-12-2005, 08:12 PM
anyone??

With Disneyland merrily packed, I'm sure someone had ridden it.
They may not be Padders though. ;)

HorizonsA
11-12-2005, 11:29 PM
I could be wrong, but the original poster's question was of "it's a small world" holiday, but everyone seems to be talking about Main Street. I mean, it's great and all, but the orginal poster's question is still up in the air and still valid.

Wendi
11-13-2005, 07:51 AM
I could be wrong, but the original poster's question was of "it's a small world" holiday, but everyone seems to be talking about Main Street. I mean, it's great and all, but the orginal poster's question is still up in the air and still valid.

We went on it Friday morning first thing... before there was a line. It was really cute, I saw it for the first time last year and I like it better than the original version of iasw. I've got a few pictures, I'll post them with my trip report soon. I didn't take many pix on the ride though, just a few of my favorite scenes - we also didn't make it back there after dark to see the outside all lit up. I wish we had...

Jeremiah
11-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Didn't make it on the attraction last night but did get over there to see the projections each 15 minutes. Most have seen what they do for Remember but waht they are doing for Holiday is amazing!!!! It is a must see...it runs every 15 minutes after the clock chimes. The whole facade comes to life something small but it addes so much to it!!!

J

Wendi
11-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Didn't make it on the attraction last night but did get over there to see the projections each 15 minutes. Most have seen what they do for Remember but waht they are doing for Holiday is amazing!!!! It is a must see...it runs every 15 minutes after the clock chimes. The whole facade comes to life something small but it addes so much to it!!!

J

Wow... I had no idea... I'd love to see a video of it. I wonder if Visions Fantastic will put one up.

AVP
11-13-2005, 02:26 PM
I didn't make it to Small World yesterday. However, if they are finished decorating for Christmas, it is downscaled from previous years. There are no garlands across Main Street and no lights in the trees around the hub. There won't be garlands this year - the Parade of Dreams floats rise too high during the show stops, and they couldn't install the garland.

AVP

SandraVB79
11-14-2005, 12:17 AM
There won't be garlands this year - the Parade of Dreams floats rise too high during the show stops, and they couldn't install the garland.

AVP

From a business point of view: well, they must have quite some good coordination and communication between the different teams! I mean, they really have to think about EVERYTHING.
I know, it's Disney, they are supposed to be magical, but reality is different. At the IT-department where I work, communication is awfully bad, which causes many problems. (One person reboots a server, not knowing another person is developping on it. Result: lots of trouble!)

Another question: someone mentions the park got full to its max capacity. What do they then tell you at the gate: sorry, Mickey's living room and backyard are full, thank you, come again, and go visit Knott's today?

TowerofTerror
11-14-2005, 12:25 AM
I love the ride it`s Small World during the holidays it better than the regular version.

pisces
11-14-2005, 06:40 AM
There won't be garlands this year - the Parade of Dreams floats rise too high during the show stops, and they couldn't install the garland.

AVP

That's just their P.R. excuse.

They can figure out a way to do it.

Arches.

It's not the same without garland.

cstephens
11-14-2005, 10:56 AM
We went on Small World Holiday yesterday, and it was fun. I don't remember it enough to know what might have been different from previous years. The lighting of the facade didn't quite go as planned. There was this countdown and then - spotlight on the face with the Santa hat. Hmmm, I think more than that was supposed to have happened. It wasn't until a few minutes later that the lighting worked. When we got off, the projections were being done a few minutes later. None of us had known about it, so it was really cool to see.