PDA

View Full Version : Veteran's day chaos

sandiegorob
11-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Just thought I'd let you know what DL is like today.
Morning until 10:00 was nice then it came. A flood of people the likes I have never seen. I went the week after July 17 (on the weekend) and it was bad, today was worse. We left to go to DCA @ 11:30, busier than usual there too. When I left to go to DTD at 12:50ish, they weren't letting anyone into DL. Yes, it's true. However, when I came back from DTD they were letting people in again. Scared me because I'm going back to see the fireworks. For those still awake, I may post again when I return from the show.
One positive note. GRR had almost no wait but it was cold!

annieb727
11-11-2005, 01:54 PM
wow!! who knew it would be THAT crazy...i bet as christmas approaches, it will get like that too -- esp once christmas breaks hit and stuff!

CariBelle
11-11-2005, 02:04 PM
I figured today would be uber busy since schools are out.

losaitkens
11-11-2005, 02:37 PM
We were at the park this morning too & can confirm the crowds. We weren't originally supposed to come in till sat but I figured I would take my girls up a few days early, stay on harbor blvd (no availability at DLH for our early arrival) and then meet up with my husband and his family tomorrow. What an adventure we have had! The morning was great- rode a few tings in Fantasyland, hung out in toontown and also did cookie making at the reindeer roundup area and caught the first marionette show (My 6 year "minnie mouse" got to go up and interact with one of the puppets). On our way out, just before 1 pm, I could see the crowds had exploded and as we left it looked like they were not letting anyone else inside the park and there were huge lines that had been forced to migrate over to DCA. Yikes! We are having much needed down time now but I am almost afraid to go back. If they do reach capacity, does anyone know if we will be denied entry, even if we have already been in the park for today?

MsYumiBr
11-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Wow. I did not even think about the park hitting CAPACITY! We were going tomorrow after dropping the dogs off at the pet hospital for check-up, groom and boarding. That would be a bummer if we couldn't get in, but then again, there's always early Christmas shopping!

sandiegorob
11-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Yeah! We're staying put. No guarentee of park re-entry and the crowds have not subsided. What a mess! I can't imagine tomorrow will be any different. Wish us luck, we'll brave the crowds regardless. All the people I've talked to are using their EE tomorrow so it may be worse than today.

sandiegorob
11-11-2005, 05:39 PM
BTW - Cindy Crawford was here today. As beautiful in person as in media. Sorry, no pictures - wife is too slow on the draw with the camera.l

olegc
11-11-2005, 06:00 PM
of disneyland's official christmas celebration - tree, full decorations, etc. At least that's what all the press releases said..

So you know how much SoCal folks love to be First!!!!

mmurray54
11-11-2005, 06:40 PM
I thought I saw Cindy Crawford walking off of Soarin'. The parks were defiantly very busy today.