PDA

View Full Version : Libby Lu

Disneymomma
11-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Has anyone here ever been to Libby Lu?

Do you have to have a party, or could I just take my daughter in there by herself for a makeover?

It looks sooo cute and fun!!

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

www.clublibbylu.com/home.aspx

DISNEYLANDMOMMY
11-11-2005, 12:26 PM
i took my then five year old daughter last year. she loved it!!! the price was excellent and she looked so beautiful after the makeover. she got the "princess" makeover. we will be there in dec. and have reservations already for her and my neice. i highly recommend libby lu, especially if your daughter is a " girlie" girl.;) we are bringing the holiday belle costumes with us and have reservations at ariel's for lunch. it is going to be our "royal" day at disneyland. i am just as excited as my daughter!!!

MsYumiBr
11-11-2005, 03:02 PM
We have done it. My girls are not really *girly girls* but had a great time anyway. It was nice to actually see their hair "up" for once. I personally could have done without the glitter. We had glitter everywhere, including my husband who was none too pleased! If you have a couple of girls, you can book a "party" way in advance. Then when you go you do not have to #1 wait for a chair and #2 sit in one of the front window chairs. There are beauty stations in the back of the store where the girls (and you) can have some privacy. I have seen girls come out of there overly done up, but that is because their mom and the kid wanted it that way. The girl I saw (this was last year) came out with a leopard print top, spandex pants and fur. I have never seen leopard print sold in that store. That must mean that the mom bought it for her somewhere else. My older daughter insisted they do not put eyeshadow on her (her choice) but absolutely loved the glitter treatment. She even had her nails glittered. My best suggestion is get this done first thing in the morning. No reason to spend that much (around $20 a piece) for a couple hours of enjoyment only to be washed out in the bath.

potterphreak
11-11-2005, 03:15 PM
You don't have to be a large group to reserve a time. Just call beforehand (at least 2 weeks) and reserve a time for your daughter. I highly recommend reserving-last year, after promising my daughter to go, we went and there was a 2.5+ hour wait.

Disneymomma
11-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Which 'makeover' did your girls get?

MsYumiBr
11-11-2005, 04:17 PM
My younger daughter got the "diva" and my older one had "the one that came with the flowers". I think it was the "trendsetter" one. Anyway, it was in July and the styles have been updated since then. I just looked at Club Libby Lu's website and none of them look like what we had. There was a lot of pins, a lot of twists, a lot of rubber bands, and a lot of spray. Oh, and a lot of fun. Just remember that DLR does not carry spare camcorder cassettes for newer models so you better bring extra and not leave it in the luggage like I did.

Disneymomma
11-11-2005, 04:21 PM
My dd is 10....so debating if she is too old. She loves to do her hair though. And making the 'potion' would be alot of fun. She is kinda a girlie girl....I just don't want her to feel too 'old' if it is a room of 6 year olds.
What age girls are mostly in there?

May send the boys to ESPN and do it with her.....

erica84
11-11-2005, 05:07 PM
We took my niece and her friends to Libby Lu and they are all 12-years old. Like what was said before, even mothers go with their daughters and get made up so I don't think your daughter would feel out of place. Enjoy and have fun! :)

Disneymomma
11-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Oh, the moms can get the makeover too??!

PirateSmile
11-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Oh, the moms can get the makeover too??!
:) Yup. I saw a matching mom and daughter dancing to one of the people playing music down in DDisney one night. It was really cute to watch.

We have a Libby Lu down in a mall by me. I think it'd be really fun to work in one of those places!