PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim Del Sol Inn

Pat-n-Eil
11-11-2005, 08:43 AM
Looking at the getawaytoday.com website and the lowest priced offering they have for my trip next March is at the Anaheim Del Sol Inn on S. Harbor Blvd. Looks like a great location. Anyone stayed there? It has a pool & spa.

SandraVB79
11-11-2005, 08:50 AM
We talked with someone while waiting for a parade who was in that hotel, and they said it wasn't bad, but that next time they'll try another one...

dlandfan
11-11-2005, 09:08 AM
I stayed at the Del Sol for two nights on a weekend trip in August of 2004. Despite the busy summer season, the location was quiet, the staff was quick and efficient. It is very close to the parks and I got a good price. The continental breakfast was pretty skimpy like most of the motels on Harbor. I didn't see or use the pool. My room was very reasonable, nothing fancy but I only slept there. Best part was that my room was ready when I arrived at 9:30 in the morning and I could freshen-up before heading over to the parks.

DianeM
11-11-2005, 09:14 AM
I stayed there my last visit (September). I had read on line that it was a poorly built structure and you could hear people in the next room. I didn't have that problem. We were upstairs, way in the back, and my mother and 6 yo (early riser) nephew were next door. We never heard them. The only noise problems came when some parents decided to let their kids burn off steam by running up and down the balcony early in the morning. I can't imagine any hotel insulating against that kind of rudeness. We did leave the fan on at night, so that might have covered some noises.

The beds were extremely comfortable, and the staff efficient and friendly. It was definitely a cheap hotel, though. Little things... like not having coffee in our room - we had to ask at the front desk (it was free), not having a "do not disturb" sign for our door (we borrowed my mother's), and not having plastic liners in the garbage cans. Cable tv was available, but no special pay per view movies, and channels were limited. The rooms were clean and looked recently renovated. The hot tub smelled funny to me (i have a very sensitive sense of smell), sort of mildewy. The pool was quite chilly. My mother and husband sat inthe hot tub, and nobody got any rashes. I didn't go down for breakfast, preferring cereal in my room, but my family said the food was typical cereal/milk/fruit fare. My mother commented that the coffee was very good.

All in all, it was a decent place to stay. Not fancy, and sort of cheap, but very close to the park entrance, clean, and very inexpensive. I might stay there again.

Looking at the getawaytoday.com website and the lowest priced offering they have for my trip next March is at the Anaheim Del Sol Inn on S. Harbor Blvd. Looks like a great location. Anyone stayed there? It has a pool & spa.

DangerMouse
11-11-2005, 10:03 AM
Awwww, come'on try the HoJo. You know you want to! ;)

You can probably get a better rate by booking the HoJo and getting your tickets separately (through DL website [no shipping charges]). I can always beat getawaytoday's price this way. Email Willie Simpson and see if there are any entertainment book rates available during your dates. If there are, you can purchase an entertainment book after you book with him.

disneyperson
11-11-2005, 10:05 AM
great location, clean, expect just a bare bones ,well worn room. I found the staff to be very slow ,a trifle rude,and in the case of a lost message, careless. There are two floors and no elevators which can be a pain if you've lots of luggage. (We always do) The parking lot is tiny and often is full.
Watch out, they try to tack on a "resort fee" when you check out. They don't tell you about it until then.
Only stay here if it has the cheapest rate for a Harbor hotel.

stan4d_steph
11-11-2005, 10:28 AM
There are reviews in the MousePlanet Review Database (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlranaheimbestinn). They look mostly positive.

cpeak
11-11-2005, 03:38 PM
I stayed there with my family summer of 2004. We had ajoining rooms. Like everyone said it is nothing fancy. We stayed by upstairs by the pool, and never heard any loud noises from the kids in the pool. We are staying there again when we go next week. It is so easy to get to Disneyland from there, that is why we are staying there again. (Since I haven't hit the jackpot and am on a budget.)